2018 Genesis G90 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Genesis G90 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G90 model:

The best luxury car for the money
By Zeljko Markovic

2018 Genesis G90 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

After leasing this car for almost 4 months it is very hard to find anything that I don’t like. It is already my third Genesis, first two under Hyundai brand. Every new iteration is significantly better in ride, comfort and look. The third one beats everything I drove so far. The 3.3 bi-turbo engine is so alive and powerful especially in sports mode, it feels like a sports limousine, the ride can be adjusted however you like it, interior well made, comfortable and very, very quiet. The whole infotainment system work well and looks great, all around cameras top notch. Also it has free text mode touch screen that is very useful for quick address entry in navigation system. I found out very few people know about it. Safety systems are all included even in Basic model and work very good. Love head up display. Beautiful color adjustable ambient lights. If I want to be very picky I can say gas mileage could be better, adjustable rear seats should be an option for every trim but then I have to think really hard. Overall I’m very happy with my choice. Great job team Genesis.
PS We like it so much both of my sons got G80s and they love it.

A smoother riding executive vehicle
By Barry

2018 Genesis G90 Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I like it more then in a late model jaguar that I've own except the F type.

avoid like the plague
By tim m

2018 Genesis G90 Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

bought first one owned for 10 weeks in the shop for 8 weeks ,they swapped out car for ok forgive and forget ,second car filling up with water,all 4 tires had bubbles within 60 days,car left me stranded and locked out no entry stuck outside , electronic problems,brought engineers in to fix car ,in the shop for 3 months ,they gave me a loaner ,dirty and smelled ,car came back from repairs once with greasy hand prints all over white interior ,hyudai is not capable of dealing with high end cars ,did get my money back 6 months later through a buy back

best Car I have ever owned
By Jim M

2018 Genesis G90 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Went to the Phoenix Auto Show this Fall and sat in and compared 12 different high end brands. I drive back and forth from AZ to IND as a snowbird and as we were downsizing to one car so I wanted a car large enough for hauling but comfortable enough to make a 2,000 mile trip seem painless. A lot of the competitors just faked it with high end price tags and badges, but were lackluster when you sat in them. Only a couple had the comparable room, comfort and features. Those few were tens of thousands higher in price. The Genesis was next to the Toyota Booth at the Show and all you hear throughout the venue was Toyota blaring about their new bigger Camry. So much NOISE. Until we sat in the G90. You could hear a pin drop. My wife looked at me said I am done looking. I want a G90. She actually should be writing this. On these long trips she has never found a passenger seat with enough support to keep us driving more than two hours at a time. On our recent trip back to the Midwest we typically stopped at 400 miles to fuel up. A car in this class should be quiet, comfortable, powerful, loaded with tech and safety. This G90 doesn’t disappoint. My only regret is I still haven’t riden in the back seat which I hear is the best seat in the house!!!

"Acceleration failure" - Genesis phraseology
By Joe Margucci

2018 Genesis G90 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

My 2018 G90 has an acceleration problems which the dealer and "engineers" at Genesis acknowledge but will not help with or repair. Upon abrupt acceleration, like making a left turn in traffic, the car hesitates for three terrifying seconds before it lurches forward. In addition when attempting to accelerate from a stop it is very hesitant to move forward when called upon. I find this highly unsafe and infuriating. The dealer told me quote " WE were able to locate (on computer) the acceleration failure you experienced." "This is simply how the car operates, new tech knowledge, ya know ?" "You are going to have to get accustomed to this idiosyncrasy of the car." The people at Genesis Customer Care, after 5 days of research, claim that their "Engineers" are aware " of the hesitation problem" and that is the way the car operates. I was very unhappy and hired an attorney and am proceeding on my journey> I want the car to go when I want it to. Fair request?