Used 2019 Genesis G80 Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used G80 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Sweet car with all the amenities needed

Fred C, 05/13/2019
3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Great car, 3.8 has really good acceleration and the base model has all the safety features anyone would need. pre collision warning, lane assist, pedestrian crossing, etc. The interior is easy to use and very functional with a smooth quiet and comfortable ride. No regrets, this is by far the nicest car I have ever purchased and for the money it feels like a steal. I was very weary about purchasing a Genesis but after test driving others in the same class, most cost thousands more without the same features I went back to the G80 and I haven't looked back. Great car even better when you consider the price tag to its rivals. Update: *Just over 18 months and I’m still loving this car. I’ve got over 20k on this car and everything is still going strong. Love this car.

Excellent Car!

Adam W, 06/24/2019
3.3T Sport 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought the 3.3 turbo (Sport) version after having leased the 3.8 AWD for 3 years prior. Satisfies most all my wants from the 3.8L, much better handling, great acceleration, much younger demo target (I'm 50) than the 3.8L which seems to attract the older crowd. Still the mpg is a major downside for the car but beyond that it's just a well built, well thought through, excellent car to drive. I've got a 1hr+ commute each way to work so I need some isolation, comfort, and when traffic permits a little joy on my drive which I get daily in the G80 sport. Also the Audio system by Lexicon is top notch, combined with the noise-isolated cabin my drive is as relaxing as can be. Contrary to the poster above, there is an auto trunk shut button if that is important to you! While I'm leasing this car I'm buying it at the end of my lease for sure.

Affordable Luxury Car

Ron G, 10/29/2019
3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Had been comparing this car to Lexus ES and Toyota Avalon but got a much better bang for the buck with the pricing and incentives on the G80. Only had it a short while but am extremely impressed with all the features on the car. Like another reviewer, wished the rear seats folded down and it would be nice to have ventilated front seats but maybe that would be too greedy. Excellent fit, finish and comfort. Had one blurb when the battery died while the car sat in my garage. Dealer found no problem and tested the battery over 24 hours. Suggested locking the car even in garage (which I rarely did afterwards) to limit draws by some of the sensors. Not sure about that one but it didn't occur again. My first lease and likely to purchase it in 3 years.

Genesis Rules!

lisa, 11/21/2019
3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

The best quality, luxury, service, ride in a car is the Genesis. I have the G80 and it is by far better than any other car previously leased. Service is outstanding - they pick up my car, service it, detail it and fill the tank with gas before dropping if off in my driveway. It is self driving, heated seats front and back, smart cruise, comfortable on long trips, luxury all around. Just love it.

The BIG DOG

Hoss B, 08/16/2019
3.3T Sport 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I am 83 and this is my third Genesis which is the Sport model. For you young guys she will do 60 in4.5 seconds. My only complaint is the gas usage. It should be better. PS my wife likes the vehicle. Hoss B