Used 2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

SHO Boat
By Tom

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Requires premium gas due to twin turbos.

I have always liked Ford cars!
By John

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really do like this car. I received a lot of compliments on it as well. It's very quiet and rides nice. I purchased it from an auction and it wasn't taken care of too well. Took me a little time to get it back in order; but now it runs great I'm very happy with it! I would recommend Ford Taurus to anybody! It's definitely comparable to my Lincoln Town Car that he used to have. In fact I prefer to a little bit just because of all the bells blinkers and buzzers that has! I love the SYNC sound system. It will talk text messages for you and you can talk text messages for it to send back!

Great Interior; Not So Great Engine
By Natalie

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Taurus has the sharpest interior out of any car I've ever sat in (and I used to work for car rental). I love the exterior as well. Bought the car with 88,000 miles on it and have had problems with a slipping transmission once in a while. Other than that I had no problems until my car hit 132,000 miles, when the water pump went. Since it's inside the engine, I now have coolant in my engine & oil and can't run the car. (Guessing the timing chain was affected because the car was idling like a diesel truck before it started overheating.) With all that being said, I still love my Taurus & can't seem to find anything as appealing. It's powerful, attractive, and extremely comfortable.

Loved my 2010 Taurus!
By Betty Nelson

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A beautiful car that was spacious and very comfortable. Handles great. I got many compliments on how nice she looked both inside and out. I did have some issue with the sunroof. But I would tell anyone thinking about buying one to do it. You won't be disappointed.

2010 Ford Taurus SE
By Taurus_Crazy

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 2 months now and stacked a little over 5,000 miles on her! This car has been great for me nothing major needing to be replaced so far only a tie-rod end and an alignment that's expected maintenance. My car has higher miles (170,000) and hail damage that's how I got it so cheap :) but non of that bothers me as long as it was maintained well and runs good! I average 26.5 mpg and I drive the Duluth hills daily, in such a large car it seems impossible, but the proof is in the pudding and I don't think my dash information is lying to me. I get around 450-500 miles on a tank of gas- the tank is huge (19 gal) so depending on the price of gas it can be an expensive fill up, usually $40 for me. As of today I noticed a transmission shutter when i'm going very slowly and then apply the gas ( it slips 3-4 times then goes) I only hope a transmission fluid and filter change will help me! The front struts do seem to be clunking here and there but I'll be expecting to replace them in the near future due to the higher mileage. Also adding onto the problems is the blower motor thunks when turning on the heat or A/C but as stated before is a wear and tear type of deal and it'll be replaced. But enough with the bad stuff! This car look amazing and still new (even almost being 10 years old) the body style is still the same looking as the 2017's so everywhere I go everyone things i'm rolling up in a new car! Being a younger kid I really get some looks lol. Everyone wonders how I loaned that and I tell them I didn't take out a loan I paid in full- and I basically paid the same price they paid for their junker haha. Now moving on into the interior. The dash looks funky and the layout of the center stack takes some getting used to but overall it's sleek and very user friendly. Some buttons are a reach but i'd rather have more than enough space than not enough. The leg room in this car is extraordinary, you can fit whoever you'd like and they won't complain one bit! Backing up this vehicle can be difficult because of the rear seat headrests, making it very hard to see, and this car is very large (bigger than the Chrysler 300) I'd recommend the back up camera. The interior lighting is really nice and simple. I don't have the ambient lighting :( but at least I have dome lights unlike my other car... If you are looking into one of these cars and it's a great price i'd say go for it and it'll pay for itself!