Used 1997 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Taurus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Pretty good car

madison77, 03/14/2011
GL 4dr Sedan

My car is 14 years old and still running. Bought it used when it was 3 years old with 29,000 miles. It now has 123, something miles and still runs okay. I've experienced problems time to time. Typical for an older car. My car likes to leak fluids a lot and burns oil in the engine area not the exhaust since I try to keep on top of the oil resovoir. My car has a problem with the door jam sensor. When I get in the car and close the door the car door sensor thinks the door is still open when it actually is closed. To this day it still does it and it drives me nuts but I don't want to spend money on fixing this problem. Its not worth it. Car still has good acceleration. I hate the fuel milage.

'Old Faithful' will be missed

sean2011, 10/08/2011
GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my dad (who owned it since 2004 when it had 119,000 miles) when gave it to me in 2009 when it had 210,000 miles after he bought a another car in 2009. In the time that it has been in my family, we had spent very little in repairs for it even after the time my dad ran over a deer with it in 2006 going 60. I was inpress how well it took to being driven hard and during northern MI winters it drove through snow as well as my buddies AWD Subaru did. Sadly, I reacently had to give her up after the orgional tranny seized up after 238,956 miles. I would definitely be concerding another Taurus for my next car.

My get me where I am going buddy!

Ms. Chicago, 08/26/2010
GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on a whim,, a week later I was thinking what have a done, however, its grown on me the drive is smooth, the design like a spaceship or something. I thought I am gonna sell soon, but as times going I wanna kept it! Its roomy and fun has a nice sound system and has cost me much in upkeep. I hope that continues. I already had family members offering to buy it when or if I plan to sell it.

Taurus for Us!

TylerW, 09/11/2009
GL 4dr Sedan

A vehicle which can comfortably seat a six footer, keep two siblings in the back satisfied as well, haul their stuff, and get 30 MPG with a V6 on the highway. You've gotta be kidding me? Nope. This is the 1997 Taurus GL by Ford. A peppy, and ever fuel efficient 3.0 Liter Vulcan V6 powers the car with amazing capability. The exterior and interior of the car are designed to be driver centric, reducing ergonomic stress, and making driving pleasurable. Finally, when you throw it all together, a high quality build makes this the family hauler to own for used purchasers. The 4 speed automatic transmission is well matched on the GL to the 3.0L Vulcan.

RIP 97 Taurus

homerrocks2, 12/30/2011
GL 4dr Sedan

It (to me) was a very ugly car at first and I thought it was a piece of junk, but the style grew on me. I didn't realize how comfortable and nice it was until we lost her and got a ZX2 (talk about small, haha)

12345...15