Used 2019 Ford Ranger Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Ranger for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Ranger vs. Colorado and Gladiator

Mrice, 05/20/2019
Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I had a 2017 Colorado crew cab with a long bed and wanted to find something that allowed me to tow my RV but still get into the parking garage. The options I explored were a short bed Colorado, the Jeep Gladiator, or the Ranger. I ruled out the Gladiator as the turn radius was almost the same as my Colorado. I liked both the Colorado and the Ranger. The Colorado seems more planted to the road, with a good ride, but you will not win any races. The Ranger is lighter on its feet with quick acceleration and an incredible turn radius. I went with the Ranger Lariat with the FX4 package. The technology package is impressive compared to the Colorado, New safety features including support for Towing ( blind spot extension to trailer), keyless entry, ignition, and cargo gate. In the end I think I bought it because it had all the goodies. However, I have found the truck to be extremely fun to drive. I have 22k miles on it now and still love it. Cons, the brake controller is not included, and the headlights do not auto level. I get flashed a lot when towing my rv at night. No issue towing the weight. The truck has never been under strain and handles hills nicely. Also like how the engine brakes when towing downhill. Mileage with number of rv trips per year is still over 22 mpg. It is very easy to get around town and park and is as fun to drive as the day I got it.

What a surprise...

VAColinM, 08/01/2019
XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I've owned my Ranger XLT 4X4 for about five months now and have to say I am very happy with it. Had two current generation Tacomas previously and hated the whining differential and weird shifting transmission in both. My truck is loaded with all the safety features as options plus adaptive cruise control which makes a huge difference in my use of the truck. Absolutely love the 10 speed transmission and through I was a little wary of buying a four banger, the turbocharged engine is more than powerful for everything I need it for. I tow about 4,000lbs max and have had no issues with drivability. I got a decent price from my local VA dealer (3,500 off) at around $37K and have had zero issues or noises in about 4K miles of highway/city and light offroad use. I have (had) other Ford trucks (F-150 Raptor, F-450DRW Superduty) and this little truck is a credible addition to the Ford truck line. My wife will drive it too! Update after a year: Still very happy with my little Ford truck. It has been more reliable than my 2016 and 2018 Toyota Tacomas. Absolutely no problems except for one. I was astonished to find out that a vehicle with an MSRP of over $40K comes from Ford with all the safety bells and whistles, adaptive cruise control, remote start, yet NO HEATED MIRRORS... which is a real pain in the winter! On the XLT it’s not even an option! You have to go top drawer with the Lariat to get heated mirrors! The dealer didn’t even know this till I asked them to check why my heated mirrors were not working! Come on Ford... Get a grip... how could your product people miss this!

Happy so far

Larrymac, 05/16/2019
XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Had a 2017 Tacoma TRD-Offroad but the wonky shifting for the 18 months I had it drove me nuts. Test drove the 2019 Ford Ranger at the auto-show in San Antonio and loved the drivability especially the 10-speed transmission. Ford did their homework on the 10-speed. I ended up ordering one In February and received it in March. Have nearly 1000 miles on the Ranger now and gas mileage started at 20mpg and my latest (3rd tank of gas) is showing 23mpg around town. Not done any long road trips yet but am happy with how the Ranger drives on the hightway. Not taking away from the Tacoma as it was a sold truck but with the weird shifting with their new 6-speed just was not fun on the highway. Main issue driving the Tacoma is it would not stay in overdrive on the highwa, downshifting for minor overpasses, etc which resulted in worse mpg than in town. The new Ranger does not have this problem. Much smoother and more enjoyable to drive on the highway. Shifts are smooth. Fairly quiet ride for a truck and when you need "go power" their is plenty at your disposal .

Ranger XLT Blows the Doors off the Competition

Johnitahoe, 12/17/2019
XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I picked up a 2019 4x4 XLT with Sport and Off road package plus technology group in November of 2019. I watched the Edmunds review which seems to highlight road vibration. Mine has no road vibration and my passengers have commented how smooth the ride is. My price was under $35K with this vehicle packed with technology. First off, I'm 6'5" and amazed that I have ample headroom and legroom in this vehicle. Visibility is much better than the Ridgeline, in fact I sat in the Ridgeline one more time before I pulled the trigger on the Ranger. The Edmunds review preferred the Toyota, but being tall I can't sit on the floor which is what I find most uncomfortable about the Toyota. The Edmunds off road test failed to utilize trail control and the locking rear diff, which if you got um you should use them. They also found it frustrating that the ford when out of 4x4 Low when they came down the hill at too fast a rate. All which would have been handled successfully by Trail Control. My XLT has too many features to mention. In the end I looked for every reason not to buy a Ford, but I'm a logical person and it made good sense. Extremely happy with my purchase. I really wish reviewers would lose their brand bias.

I waited and I’m happy

Keith Nusinov, 04/09/2019
Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I got rid of a 2017 Tacoma with 6 speed manual transmission and 16000 miles. I got top of the line with all option lariat FX4. My ranger rides better and is much more quite. Has more of a larger truck feel. The tiny 2.3 twin turbo backed by the 10 speed automatic is eager to make as much power as I will ever want. Just the gas mileage I’m now getting is a huge difference. I’ll take my Ranger over the Tacoma any day. No comparison in my opinion. Blue oval got this one right. It’s a keeper for me. I have just finished up my first long distance road trip. I was able to obtain best gas mileage yet. 3200 miles on odometer and average trip mileage was 26.2 miles per gallon. Better then I expected!

12345...9