Used 2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Nice truck
By Zachary Weber

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Recently bought a 2009 XL RCSB 2.3 Manual and have been driving it for bout a month now. So far, the thing is great. While it isn't the fastest with the 2.3, the manual surprisingly allows you to get it going. Averages about 25-26 mpg with my aggressive driving and lead foot, and handles very smoothly. Turning is extremely tight and smooth. It handles bumps fairly well, and with my toolbox in the rear Its relatively easy to find traction. While not being extremely As far as interior, it's about what was expected. The vinyl seats are nice and the surplus of plastic is expected, so overall the interior is what it is. Overall I'm really liking the truck, have put a new head unit and speakers, and a bedliner and toolbox and it's a great little truck.

lhhoih
By ohihihi

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2009 Ranger for 9 years. Never a problem.

Good simple truck,redux
By Kevin

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Still love the little thing after one short year. I had to beef up the rear springs to handle the landscaping equipment I haul around. The am/FM radio seems to have a mind of its own. Moves off the line like an ice flow. Do not buy a ranger unless you want one.

MPG! I load this thing up!

The manual transmission's rev's drop off very slowly. By design? The cabin could be a touch larger...

Just what I expected
By don

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My Ranger is a 4 cyl 5m regular cab xlt. The ride is a bit stiff and the rear end will jump on a wash board road, but the handling is tight and it is fun to drive, I enjoy going places in it. I really commend the 4 banger with 5 m, this engine is so superior to older 4 cyl vehicles I have had, need to get up and go you spin it up but you can also put it in 4th gear at 25 mph in the snow without lugging it. The 5m works very nice. I'm getting about one mpg better then the EPA estimate. It is a two person vehicle, you can just forget about that seat belt in middle, kids small enough to fit there need a car seat to be legal. No problems yet at 7500 miles.

Compact size, sufficient power-although you may need a little more room for passing on a two lane-good working AC. It sure was nice of Ford to make a towing package standard in 2009. Best price around with a great rebate.

Radio is nothing special, as previously mentioned ride can be stiff. Frankly I had no surprises when I bought it I knew the ride would be stiff and the cab small-but very happy with motor, transmission and fuel economy. Handy little truck!

Ranger's the Truck for me
By Mike

2009 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd used Ranger. First was a 1997 I bought in 1999. I had few problems, just the usual parts that wear out over time. And most parts lasted longer than mechanics expected. It NEVER left me stranded on the road.I got my 2009 used at a great price with 1300 miles on it. I like the exterior appearance. While the interior dash is the same & dials are hard to read & get at while driving, the seat is more comfortable & the cab seems bigger. 4 cyc. acceleration & mileage are about the same. My 97 never burned a bit of oil & I expect with reg maintenance my 09 will be as dependable.

Sound system. Ease of handling- maneuverability. Window visibility

Dashboard panel layout needs unobstructed view of gauges. Temp controls need easier sight and accessibility.