Used 1990 Ford Probe Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Probe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

The car name that makes you explain yourself
By Trevor Boan

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

Every time someone else drives it, they want one. Plus in public we get weird looks when we talk about "The Probe". I work on it a little at a time, and rarely experience new issues. I have redone the suspension, and rebuilt the engine, so I'm not burning oil anymore(if you mishandle it, you warp the head and blow the gasket). Now, I just deal with old car issues, and never seem to get stuck as long as I keep up the maintenance.

Best fun car I've ever owned
By Jim McLawhorn

1990 Ford Probe LX 2dr Hatchback

My '89 Probe LX, was a dream to drive. It was the only model that had a Ford body and Mazda drive train, and was the best fun car that I've ever owned! I don't know why others had poor gas millage, but I got 37 mpg "consistently" on the highway. In town it was close to 30!!! The drivers seat was great. I could drive 5-600 miles in a day and never get tired from driving. Boredom was another thing. The only problems I had was the window regulators broke. One just over 1 year, and the other after 1 1/2 years. Don't know why the passenger side broke. It almost never got used. The other problem was the dash computer cover broke from the heat in Florida.
I could lay the back seats down, they never got used, and use the back are to sleep in. Wish I still had it!

Class 1 Probe
By class_1_probe

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

Hello, I have a 1990 Ford Probe GL. While it may not be the fastest car out there it has been very dependable despite having 226,000 miles on it. The engine has never been rebuilt and runs strong! I wish it had more power under the hood but it runs well and is in excellent condition. I have seen only two other Probes on the road like mine and they were rough! so I feel it is a rather unique car and I love the "TNG" styling. (Trek talk) :)

"More power!"

Die Hard
By honestly29

1990 Ford Probe GT Turbo 2dr Hatchback

My Probe is one of the few that everyone wants its a 1990 GT It has 200,000 gets 32mpg and still looks brand new and I've been offered $5000 plus a vehicle for this car last year I love it and I have not seen another like it

Love it's speed but lol I'm a girl so I bet I used it a top 10 times since I bought it in 1998, love the shape and when you barely give it a little gas how the front end fills like it is coming off the ground

has 2 tiny tiny rust spots I'd liked fixed and a hole in the head liner

1990 Ford Probe LX
By Ron

1990 Ford Probe LX 2dr Hatchback

I put 264,000 miles on car, It still ran great and got 25 mpg before the salt took its toll on the body. I spent less than a $800 in 19 years on mechanical repairs. under the hood the only problem was the radiator, it cracked at 70,000 miles. If you have a hard time with finding some parts, cross ref. it with mazda mx6. It was very reliable and easy to repair (the few time it was needed. (you must keep front tires balanced, saves on front wheel bearings)

style still not dated, fun to drive

a little more pizazz to body.