2017 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Overall it is a wonderfully complete sports car...
By Bob

2017 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

...looks great, lots of power and a lot of fun to drive. My Mustang has the performance package and is black on black with black emblems and smoked out lights. It draws much more attention than I ever thought it would. It has a lot of power. The car is geared low and driven by a high torque engine that easily breaks the wheels loose even when you are not trying. I think the vehicle would be a better ride geared just a bit higher...unless you want to drive it like a drag racer. I have wanted a muscle car for 50 years and this one is great. I would most certainly buy it again. Now I'll mention a couple of things that could be improved on. When the wheels break loose the car exhibits wheel hop. It is especially noticable if you are turning. There are some relatively inexpensive after market fixes for the problem but out of the factory you should expect wheel hop. The 6 speed shifter is not smooth. It is notchy and easy to miss select gears. There are a lot of after market shifters available for a few hundred dollars that would probably be a big improvement. I would have already put one in if I could install it myself. Since I don't have a lift I can't and I'm not comfortable giving my car to some potential mechanic hack to take it apart and put back together so for now I'm going to live with it. But all in all it is a great car for the money. If you are thinking of buying one, go for it and you won't be sorry.

Make you noticeable
By Alfonso

2017 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

That they will not regreat.

Nothing but junk!!!!!!
By Daniel

2017 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 1st new car. I'm 41, and didn't know anything about credit when I was young. I suffered for that for a long time. I finally got into the position to get my something I really wanted. I've had it 12 days and today I had to put it in the shop. The trans is bad. Motor has lost horsepower. Bad vibrations and metal on metal grinding noises. I took it to the dealer where they said they can't get to it till the 1st of the week. They won't give me a loaner until they diagnose the problem. I have purchased many used Ford's and have always loved them, but now I wished I would have looked at challenger. Thanks ford for making my 1st new car experience a nightmare!

Great American Icon
By Jerry

2017 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Everybody loves this beautiful red Mustang with 2008 GT500 black stripes plus the black out option. Even Chevolet guys have made commits about how good the car looks. Kids love it.

2017 Mustang Air Conditioning weak
By Manny

2017 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I shouldn't be having Air Conditioning problems with such a new car and under 7,000 miles. My air conditioning went out and I took it to the dealer. They said it would be 2 to 3 days before they could get to it. Cars brought in on Monday and Tuesday were ahead of me and they were backed up. They never offered me a rental car until I spoke to the service manager and he checked to see what extended coverage protection I had. Fortunately I had the Extended service protection plan and so I qualified for a free rental car. No one would volunteer that information. Only after I pressed did they finally admit that I was due a rental car. They called Enterprise for me. So I am expecting my car to be in the shop for at least a week. The computer screen is also shutting off and restarting as we drive and the Blutooth disconnects during calls randomly. We love the car but the dealership is hard to work with and these small problems can be fixed...... Hopefully