2017 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Most fun l’ve had driving a car
By Wilson

2017 Ford Mustang Convertible EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Had a love affair with the Mustang Convertible since high school, so when l went out on the hunt for a new car...the Mustang it was! I looked for a black paint, leather seat, premium ecoboost and l found my car at South Bay Ford using the Edmunds site. There were a lot of apps that l used to look or this beauty, but Edwards proved to me the most reliable source. I used the ad Edmunds provided for the car and shopped and called other dealers to see if they had anything similar or comparable to that. When l went to South Bay, l was confident with the price and deal that l was willing to pay. Cal Worthington offered 700.00 less just to drive to their lot and l used that tidbit to parlay a better deal for my dream car. When l had the auto in my hands, of course l put the top down and had the most fun l’ve had driving a car. I had transferred my SiriusXM subscription to the mobile and now l can listen to tunes whilst l travel around with the top down and living the fantasy! The car handles like a pro with 8 inch wide wheels that allow it to hug the road while turning and driving on curvy stretches. All and all, l’m very happy with the whole transaction and have a big thank you to the Edmunds team!

Most fun car I have ever driven & ive had a lot
By John T. Cupp

I never thought I would buy a ford. Just because I always thought they were unreliable. When I went shopping for a sports car the mustang premium 2.3 turbo was in the right price range and is a beautiful car. I love it now especially with the top down in the wind blowing over my face. It's not so bad in the heat either because you can crank the air conditioner up and roll the windows up and leave the top down. The seats are heated and cooled so that helps also. The model I got was used and has all the options on it except memory seats and the Blindspot safety and a couple other things but I'm very pleased with it only had it for six weeks now.

Topless extravaganza
By William

I love my car. I bought it about a month ago. I love the air conditioned seats on driver and passenger side. Dual temp control, awesome sound system. Power seats up front (both sides). The most fun you can have with your clothes on. I got the 4 cylinder turbo, plenty of power and great gas mileage. I wouldn’t trade it for anything else. My wife and I cruise up ou down the coast every weekend. Everywhere we go, someone comments on how beautiful it is. I purchased it a year old, so it’s already broken in, and affordable.

I would have expected much more.
By David McKenna

2017 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased the car less than a year ago. Upside it is fun to drive. Downside is the dealer response to reported issues. Rear windows would not close completely and added to an already loud cruise experience. RH rear window fell inside of quarter panel. Nice. Took to Ft. Myers dealer, reported that and was fixed. Reported poor AC performance, not fixed, now it doesn’t work at all. Reported rear camera not working. Fixed, now it works sparratically, after all, I only need it in reverse :( Reported ambient temp read out inaccurate. Not fixed. Reported seat coolers very inefficient, service guy says they are OK. Speedometer drops off, dealer couldn’t duplicate, so it must be OK too. Seat memory system is forgetful, dealer couldn’t duplicate, so it must be OK. Tell that to my shorter than me wife. New one this week, dash dimmer switch activates all by itself, can hardly wait to listen to dealer on this one.

Great Rental Car but would hate to own
By James Eliot

When driving the hood design is very high up and parts of the hood block your view. Track and Sport mode pretty much cannot be used on the street unless you like cruising at 4-5K Rpm. Normal mode is nice however. With traction control off you really cannot spin the tires due to excessive amount of turbo lag and poor low end torque range. There is so much information in the computer, most of which you will never use and some basic information like a digital display of speed is missing. Now for a convertible driving with either the top up or down is pretty quiet and comfortable. This is a 30 day rental so I have put it through the paces. For 300+ Hp and Torque plus turbo you would expect more. My old 2003 Nissan 350 with 287hp would have destroyed this car. Last thing that is really disappointing. This has seat heaters and seat coolers. On high neither does hardly anything. Most the time I cannot even tell they are on at all and neither can my girlfriend and she is very sensitive to temperature changes. Overall a pretty fun rental but would never consider owning.