Used 2016 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My dream car- 2016 mustang GT Premium PP (6M)
By joel

2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Been a mustang muscle car fan since I was in HS. Back then I could only dream about driving one. Never did I expect experiencing the pleasure of owning 2 of them. A 67 mustang coupe (which I had sold in 1996 ) and Misty , my 2016 S550 GT premium perf. pack 6 speed manual. Shopped for the car for 4 months with 1 main goal in mind.... a muscle car that will be fun to own and drive! But along with that in mind you still have to shop with some basic requirements requirements in mind. Safety, reliability, and price comes to my mind when shopping for my V8 manual-muscle car. Among the 3 contenders (camaro V8, Challenger scat pack & mustang GT premium PP) I chose the mustang as a more practical car to have. The camaro was dream car to drive but had quite poor visibility and very little trunk space space as compared with the other 2. The challenger scat pack is a very nice sporty & powerful muscle car but it is tooo big for my garage (10 inches longer than the mustang ) and have limited after market parts compared to the mustang. At the end of the day, the mustang won my heart because : the interior made me feel special, comfortable front seats, better visibility than the competition, its a mustang! The only thing I wish Ford had considered was incorporating a gas door lock.

Great! ... to start.
By Jacob W

2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

These are great looking cars, and the interiors are very cool, and FULL of tech! That being said, the older touch system is super glitchy. Sometimes I would unlock the car and it would make this loud boom noise from the radio like someone plugged in an aux cord or something (one was never present). The window on the passenger side would do the "easy open" up and down randomly while going down the road. All that being said, it was a fun as hell car that got great mpg for what it is. I got rid of it before it started to have more electrical gremlins.

If you like no AC this is your car!!!
By Mary

2016 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I’ve had my 2016 mustang for a little over 2 years. It has less than 18,000 miles on it. While in Norfolk Va 580 miles from home helping my brother after surgery the AC went out. Now my car will be in the shop for over a week while I’m here which means I cannot return home when I had planned. Evaporator coil went bad and they have to order it. Will take 3 days to get here. My car was dropped off at dealership after a two day wait on appointment. They finally got my car in to look at it the following day cause they were backup with other service work. It’s Saturday now and I’m hoping to get it back late next week. So to say I am unhappy is an understatement. Plus no loaner or rental. Just a shuttle back to my brothers house to wait. From google search I find out this is a known issue with the 2015-2017 models and it will more than likely fail again at some point. THERE SHOULD BE A RECALL OR AT LEAST THESE PARTS SHOULD BE IN STOCK AT DEALERSHIP

Great Drive No Air
By Gloria

2016 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Be aware that the air conditioning on this and the previous generation Mustang are defective from the supplier. Mine went out at 3,200 miles and the dash was pulled. The problem continued unresolved and I traded the car at the 4500 mile mark. My 2012 Mustang had the same AC problem at 18,000 miles. My advice is to pass on buying a Mustang if you live in a hot climate like I do. The cars are unbearable to drive in 90 degree plus temperatures without air and could quite possibly harm the health of a small child, infirm person, or pet. Ford does not seem interested in resolving the quality issue at the supplier or at least has not done so over a 6 year period.

Best performance for 35k
By Blaine Damron

2016 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Back seat worthless.The infotainment system on the base model is horrible Ford makes buy the premium model with options I don’t want to get the big screen. No blind spot monitoring on the base model a prop rod instead of struts to hold up the hood