Used 2016 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best birthday present
By Leasa Wenninger

2016 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's the best mustang I have ever owned. I have had a 12,14 and now a 16.i got the basic model but other than missing the power seats, I love all the things, the backup camera, push button start, remote start....

my sweetheart 'Stang'
By Dennis Fleharty

2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am 73, and sold a 1970 GTO, and bought my first Mustang, sight unseen. I watched a few reviews on You tube, and fell in love! I regret nothing about it! Car is so fun to drive, and the wife and I have a kinda Friday night 'date' and go out to a different burger/beer place among our tri-cities area. I get a lot of looks and people come over to see it when I stop for gas ( had it supercharged!). It is like being in high school all over again!!!

37,000 mi....
By enriquetorres62

2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

At the preset time, the Eco has 37,000. It appears doing well. Now the gas mi. seems not to the Ford recmd. I still use 87oct. No need for 93 oct. My car is a every day drive. So no need for a GT to drive 40- to 60 every day, but if you want to fell that The GT is the way to go. Go for it.

2016 V6 CONVERTIBLE MUSTANG 305 HP!!
By TVG

2016 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This review is for an ex-Hertz rental 2016 3.7 V-6 Mustang AUTOMATIC convertible purchased with 48,6XX miles. Car had a few dings and one fairly serious scratch, so we got a great deal.
Excellent car overall so far, and running great as of 51,000 miles.
Practical folks will be glad to hear the steering, braking, visibility, and reliability are all excellent. There is a sweet camera for backing up.
Insurance costs on this car are very reasonable.
The iron-sleeved aluminum engine block makes for better balance and more nimble handling compared to the much heavier cast iron V8 in the GT.
Interior electronics and controls are all visible, logical, efficient to use, and attractive to look at.
Cloth seats are sculpted nicely with nice bolsters for lateral support. The cloth seats in the base convertible do not burn your butt on a hot day even though they are black.
Climate controls are simple and functional.
The convertible top is a vast improvement over previous models, especially for ladies. To unlock the top, there's a big, easy-to-grab D-handle right above the rearview mirror that you pull down and twist one 1/4 turn. Then you press a button until the top is back. That's it!
For the fun-loving folks, acceleration from 0-60 is 5.3 seconds (this car is quicker than a '99 SVT Cobra Coupe).
The speedometer says "GROUNDSPEED", as if there is some other sort of speed we might be measuring. A little hokey, perhaps.
I love, love, love the glowing LED taillights. Period. Whoever came up with those....you rock. 2015-2016 taillight styling is already a huge improvement over the 2010-2014 models, and the sequential turn signals are just a bases loaded home run.

///CONS///
1) GARAGE DOOR OPENER: NONE! Could use an integrated garage door (Homelink) button on the rearview mirror. Our Jaguar XK8 convertible had Homelink buttons in the mirror, which they simply disabled when the ignition was off, to protect your garage contents. That's a great way to design it, imho.

2) KEY FOB: The key fob is kinda big. (Yes, I get that there’s an Emergency key inside of it.)

3) COLOR SCHEME: Not crazy about the black interior in most of the base models. Base model convertibles tend to have the black interior and a black top. Would have liked some sort of lighter camel or gray color on both, but we bought our car used.

4) CABIN FILTER: There is no good reason to make a cabin filter so hard to change. This stupid design has one strange screw holding it together. To make it worse, it is at an angle that makes it hard to see what tool you need. Thank God for the iPhone camera to let me see into tight places, and the internet to confirm what I see. Turns out, it is a T20 TORX head screw. WHY would they do this? To create simple work for unskilled dealer technicians, that's why. I have a Torx toolset, but I still find this design completely ridiculous and unnecessary. This could have been assembled with a single plastic snap strap like my Hyundai. Ford added complexity for no added value. That kind of engineering is OFFENSIVE to me and they are just ripping off their consumer.

///SUMMARY///
OVERALL: There is a tremendous value here for the money. The Mustang has been improved over previous years I shopped for in nearly every possible way.
Nearly every amenity you could think of, good looks from every angle (top up or top down), and great performance. For top down cruising, it is loads of fun.
The rave reviews are not an exaggeration.

Don't buy 2016-2017 mustang
By Sean

2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

You ac condenser "will" fail.