2015 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Back in a Mustang after 41 years
By CharlesS.

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My previous Mustangs were a 69 Shelby drag pack car, and a 70 Shelby GT-350. The 2015 GT Premium might as well be from another planet compared to those earlier cars. I bought this car used a few weeks back, and have zero complaints about the car itself. My plan was to order a 2017 model, however this car was offered at the right price for one pampered car. The quality, fit, and finish of the sixth generation Mustang is impressive! Being an old guy, it still seems strange to use the terms quality and plastic in the same sentence, however the quality, even the plastic pieces are very good! There is an abundant use of metal parts and the leather appears to be of good quality. I am a muscle car guy and have mostly owned Chevy's. I have spent a considerable amount of time in the fifth and sixth generation Camaro's which are some sweet rides in their own right. The Mustang has much better visibility and the interior of the GT Premium is refined compared to a top of the line Camaro. The previous owner of my car is the service manager for our local Ford dealership, and he took excellent care of the car. The car currently has 13K miles on it, and presents like a new car. A positive aspect of buying a car owned by a service manager is that he has likely worked out all of the bugs in the car during his ownership. Of course the negative is that he made some mods to the car. Some of the mods made the car better, and one mod did not improve it at all. The car has been lowered and leveled. This is a mod that I like, as the factory stance of these cars has the front slightly higher than the rear. It also has a BAMA tuner, and a cold air intake, both good for a few extra horses beyond the stock 435 HP. This is one wicked fast car. The car has so much power that it should be driven with lots of respect and a healthy dose of caution. We live near US 129 (the famous Tail of the Dragon) one of the most challenging mountain roads anywhere in the world. The 2015 GT Premium with the high performance package and a manual transmission is a whole bunch of fun, and this road brings out the car's touring capabilities! Of the two complaints that I have with the car one has to do with the previous owner and nothing to do with Ford Motor Company. The previous owner first removed the resonator and installed an H pipe in its place. Then he removed the mufflers and installed straight pipes. This car is loud! So loud that the neighbors probably hate me... Drone is so bad that it drowns out the Shaker Sync III stereo. Like I said this has nothing to do with Ford. I have ordered a S-Type cat back system from Borla Exhaust and will be installing this system in place of the straight pipe exhaust system as soon as it arrives. A friend owns the same model car except his GT has an automatic and mine is a manual. He is running the Borla S type exhaust and it makes these cars sound sweet! The stock exhaust is a little too quiet for the enthusiast. The other complaint is the overly complicated Shaker Sync III system. In order to connect via Blue Tooth to my Galaxy Note 4 smart phone the app has to be cleared and reinstalled each time the car is driven. This problem may be user error??? The other irritating thing about the Shaker system is the volume. Playing Sirius or the single CD and the volume is impressive! Playing Pandora from the phone through the Bluetooth or by direct connection and the volume is moderate at best. That is with the volume on the phone turned wide open. There are complaints about other makes of cars having the same issue, so this may not be a Ford issue. The last topic is about the six speed manual transmission. This is not a complaint, just an observation. The shifter has a very short throw and the ratios are close. The transmission shifts smoothly and really seems to make this car more of a blast to drive compared to an automatic version. It is taking me a while to get used to it. I have been driving two old F-series diesel powered trucks for several years with the typical long throw shifters. The precision of the Mustang shifter will take some practice. All things considered I am excited about ownership of a 2015 Mustang GT Premium.

Crazy Coyote
By PC

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a straight-up serious sports car (finally). Now that Ford (finally) gave the Mustang a fully independent rear suspension, this is the car Lee Iaccoca envisioned when he originally designed it to be a sports car. Older GTs had way too much power for the rear-end (and they would fish-tail forever - which is NOT good). This iteration stays pretty much sticky to the ground (much less fish-tailing) and a more controlled ride under full throttle. It has a nice sound (not overly so) with 5.0L V8, the Coyote engine is fun to drive at high-end revs and low end too. Has all the bells/whistles anyone would want (and even some you might not want?). Front seats are comfortable and supportive. Back seats are a little less than small (but this is more of a glorified 2-seater, anyways). Fit and finish is good (have just under 17K miles and no rattles or clunks. I do wish the bluetooth phone (Sync) was a bit more clear (voices are sometimes difficult to hear, more bass than treble- Ford says this is "normal"?). But my older Prius has tone adjustments for calls. I'm getting about 27mpg on the highway and about 18mpg in the city (22mpg overall). I use premium unleaded fuel (you can use any grade but the only way you're going to get the factory spec - 435HP, is to use the good stuff). Sound system is good (wish it were a bit louder?). Love the lane-sensors, which tells you there is a vehicle in your blind spots. Visibility out of the Mustang is just OK (it's low to the ground but way better than the Camaro). Best Mustang GT, to date. Now go get one.

Mustang Is A Disappointment!
By Bill

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I leased one of the first 2015 models of the Ford Mustang EcoBoost. For years I wanted a Mustang. Never had one, but I envied those who drove those 5.0 liter pony cars. When Ford redesigned the Mustang for 2015, I WANTED one..badly. I read the reviews about the EcoBoost and the journalists RAVED about the power and gas economy of this EcoBoost wonder. I figured who needs a V8? I went to my local dealer, traded in my car, and drove off with the new Mustang. The day after I took it off the lot, nearly everyone I came across was stunned with the design of this car. No doubt, back in late 2014, it was a stunner, even though it looked kind of like a Fusion. But shortly into driving it, I felt it was lacking. The EcoBoost drove and had power like a Ford Fiesta I once rented. It felt like it completely lacked the 310 horses Ford advertised. The EcoBoost buzzed like my 2008 Altima's CVT. Loud, obnoxious, boring. The more I drove, I discovered that the brakes were already squealing as if they were worn. The radio would not pick up very powerful local stations without static. In the cold winter months, the interior window panes and the middle of the dashboard rattled constantly. The passenger side door did not match flush with the back fender. And now I've been told that the timing cover has sprung a leak and requires a major repair by Ford. I test drove a Honda Accord Coupe V6 and the new Chevy Camaro V6. Both cars were so much more refined in interior quality and how they drove. I did not like the Camaro (felt like sitting in a black tub without windows) and the Accord was a little squirrelly on the freeway. But they were miles above the Mustang. I wanted a Mustang so badly, but I cannot wait to get out of it.

most expensive scrap metal
By pete zorria

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Paint not covered by warranty. Homelink does not work Windows do not open. Remote start does not work track apps do not work climate control does not work Has only 400 miles on it and loses $10,000 in value after one month of ownership. terrible piece of junk.

Just a Great Car!
By Dave Roberts

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great practical sports car. I have always loved cars and I have owned many. This new Mustang isn't the fastest car I have owned, but to me it is very quick, agile and very comfortable. The car handles very well and feels very solid and planted cornering and traveling across those ruff country railroad crossings we have here in the South. On a country lane road trip last weekend my best average fuel mileage was 34mpg. It is still at 28.8mpg after driving all week in the city. For me, the fully adjustable and comfortable interior as well as the great handling and good fuel mileage stand out as my favorite characteristics of this car. I do agree with some of the other comments that the climate/entertainment controls/menus can be a bit complicated while driving. However after driving it a little over 9000 miles I have gotten used to the buttons and touchscreen layout. I actually think it adds a lot of styling personality to the car at a little expense of convenience. Its just the wife and I so our Mustang has plenty of room for us. We both realy enjoy owning driving our little orange Mustang!