Used 2011 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Boo Hiss
By Charles Clancy

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I special ordered this car through Warnock (now Beyer) Ford in Morristown, NJ. Cool as it looked and well as it 'performed', it was a profound disappointment. At delivery the doors were loose and rattled. Warnock refused to make any effort to fix it. The engine rattled from 2500 rpm up when cold. Warnock denied it, until I insisted on leaving it overnight so a mechanic and I could start and run it cold. He heard it. Warnock admitted it in writing but refused to do anything. They said it was up to Ford. Ford blew me off. I drove the car for 117,000 miles in 8 years. It was carefully broken in, led an easy life and received assiduous maintenance. As time went by the engine rattle became persistent, the car loosened in every possible way, upkeep cost increasingly rose and I dumped it. The shame is that for a bit more Ford could have built a car that lived up to its promises. I'm a life-long sports car guy with substantial racing experience. Until the Mustang I drove European and Japanese performance cars. The contrast was stark. I would never buy another Ford and would discourage anyone considering doing so.

7 Years later... still galloping
By Astad

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Got mine first hand from the showroom with the pony package. Even today it’s one of the best Looking rides out there. I love walking to the parking lot at dusk to see the silver outline and have the signal lights switch on. The silver paint job has stayed well, with good indoor parking care.

The v6 is not the fastest off the block even with the manual. You probably won’t win any drag races however it has plenty of power and speed over 3000 rpms.

I have had to repair the AC system twice and the battery once. Other than that it’s been pretty reliable. The power seats and heating have been meh. After 4 Years they gave way.

I do love the inside console and the shaker music system. The seating and inner comfort are what you would want it to be. It’s not a luxury ride but always fun.

Still loving my Pony.

This car always puts a smile on my face
By Doc

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love my Mustang GT. Just by virtue of shifting the 6 speed transmission while driving it pretty guarantees to bring you out of any funk that you may be in. It's a pleasure to drive and with over 420 horses (added a couple performance items) it is not just a nice looking vehicle, it is authentic American muscle. This is my 4th 'stang and if I never traded it in, it would be just fine.

My 2011 California Special GT Automatic
By Gordon

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great , fast 2 seater car! Forget about the rear seats! They are not for any adult riders I know! I drive my Stang for pleasure, there are so many after market upgrades for this particular year, I upgraded my exhaust system from the pypes exhaust with the resonators, to the flow master super 44s with mufflers to quiet him down just a tad! Now he sounds like a true muscle car from the 60s. I also replaced the air filter to a k&n never replace cartridge filter with both changes I gained an additional 12 hp on the dyno! If you keep doing simple changes on your pony like these the HP can really add up! The ride is incredibly fast the z rated tires help keep him planted to the asphalt! My car has no problem with speeds of over 120 mph at any given moment! But I have to obey the law just like everyone else. .... so the track is best for running at those speeds and it is so worth it. I put some super snake stripes on him recently to make him look fast while he is just sitting, the rear window view is not all that great, some people have complained about a vibration noise in the rear of their own stangs, it is the muffler hangers! The vibration from so much power tends to move the silicone around the hangars causing the issue but once you fix this problem with a few more pieces of silicone problem solved. Please note it took myself up to 2 weeks of regular driving to get use to the power at the wheels of this car! I have seen many new comers to the stang world get behind the wheel of the newest version of a Mustang and loose control just because they wanted to show off a bit, but had no idea how much power this automobile actually has. In my overall opinion, if you can find a 2011 California Special GT edition Mustang, buy it you will not be disappointed value for money is there and value for fun is at every turn of the key☆♡☆♡☆♡ I only drive the car approximately 800 to 1200 miles per year now Kelly blue book still has a great value on the car after 7 yrs of ownership I need to seek it at this point as I just don't drive it enough.

5 years with my Mustang GT
By Michael

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has been alot of fun to own. Biggest negative is the poor gas mileage in town. Highway mileage has been good. Don't make the mistake of trying to modify the car to make it better. Most aftermarket suspension parts only make it look better (lowering springs) but do not significantly improve the ride or handling. Engine has enough power and performance for street use.