Used 2010 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Good value
By AJ

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car with out a family.Decent starter mustang lol.

Mustang
By Mustang

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great Base model
By Jccables@gmail.com

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Traded in our family car (2015 hyundai sonata) for 2ea mustangs with this being one.

Let me say first off the v6 with the 4.0 and a 5-speed is one of the most solid setups these guys put together and it doesn't disappoint. Has great power and all but keeps up with my wifes 2014 with the v6 which is supposedly updated and has about 100hp on mine... hmmm lol

Interior quality is lacking with hard plastic everywhere but it is a base model and this was bought with long range reliability in mind... and plastic won't rip or fade like leather haha.

Seats are sufficient and almost exactly what I remember in my father's setup. Front passengers remain priority and the back has extremely limited room with smaller seats... adequate for 1 person to stretch across both sides lol.

Where this car shines is the exterior and performance. The outside of this car is beautiful in the super red and has more than enough giddy up to have a little fun. Turn off traction control and it gets even better without blowing through tires in the v8.

Overall they did a great job with this... Base model is really set up for the pure enthusiast that doesn't need/want many bells and whistles that over time will fail... and everything that could be improved upon has in new models... amazing job on this one ford.
***********************************UPDATE*******************************

2016-12-15

Had a few months to drive this car in all weather conditions and have a few extra notes to add.

First off.... this car HATES the extreme cold of ND... I mean really. I know being up here I have to accept it and I did want it. That doesn't make it a deal breaker or bad, just a note... Now for further details: 1. The tranny in this car in the cold is really snotty. What I mean is it will be extremely hard to get into gear or after engaging and put my foot down it will occasionally pop out. I've learned to deal with this as once the car warms up completely the problem almost dissapears.
2. The stock tires are still on this thing and were clearly meant for Summer. So unless you're experience at how a car handles get a better set of tires and leave traction on. For me, I am choosing to make it through the winter on these before replacing them with Pirelli's. For now, I just turn off traction control before I move as it actually takes away from the functioning of the car and being able to rock it and almost ANY amount of gas will make the wheels spin in any snow.
3. Occasionally in the frigid cold that is ND, the engine will stall when coming to a stop of any sort and I need to restart the vehicle. This is in no part to do with any driving... it's just cold. I do run premium and will hopefully help solve this by Putting some Lucas in my engine next time I service it.

My advice for now is unless you really know how to drive a car and can take something with a temper stay away from this one in extremely cold places. I am willing to trade hassle for handling in the warmer months and look to have this car for some time. For me, I'm willing to deal with all the above things as this car is rock solid and being able to drive it in this weather is a real feat some days, proving if I can do it anyone can. If you're in warmer weather you should absolutely LOVE this car. Nothing wrong with it.

My sweet GT
By Jim

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 6 years now, still love everything about her. Fun to drive, flawless performance, and a head turner.

the white beauty
By Maria

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

All these cars have a problem with the AC compressor. Ford should recall on this part because is a problem with all the 2010 mustang and is very expensive.