Used 2009 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

My second Fusion
By DanielTink

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a Fusion since they came out in 2006 and one of the bestest cars I have ever had!SYNC is great

SYNC is great!

Maybe a cheaper GPS system standard!

A complete pleasure to own and drive
By Dennis

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Since 1999 My wife and I have owned 3 Honda Accords, 1 Toyota Camry and I can confidently say the Fusion is the most comfortable, best handling and performing of them all. I would not think twice to make this purchase again. Our other car is due for replacement next year and we will be closely looking at another Fusion as well as the new Taurus.

Interior layout and SYNC system. Smooth shifting transmission and very quiet interior. Extremely comfortable ride, especially compared to our former 2007 Camry which I felt was harsh.

I could do without the clear tail light lenses on our '09. But I see this was addressed in the 2010 model. Other than that cosmetic change all else is very well thought out.

My First Ford...Again!
By ScottH

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The quality of my 2009 Fusion has been extremely good so far. The ride is very nice and the performance is great. Fuel economy on my I4-SE has been slightly above what the sticker stated and I do not drive like my grandfather....although I use the cruise consistently. The more I drive this car, the more I like it. I know that sounds corny, but I drive a miriad of vehicles and the Fusion is my favorite. We looked at several other makes and actually decided on the Fusion because of price. After getting the car, driving it and feeling the quality of the ride, I am totally happy with the car. I think Ford hit a home run with the Fusion.

I really like the phone sync system and I love the Moon Roof. I have it tilted up all the time...hot or cold.

Only thing I wish my Fusion had was day time running lights....I have the I4-SE, so I turn my lights on manually for safety...I can live with that! I manually straightened the head rests when I got the car...did not like the angle. I presume the angle was for improved safety. OK, don't turn me in!!

GREAT BUY!!!!!
By JM

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado in the past and MY 2009 Ford Fusion is a more smooth and fun to drive car! I recommend a Ford Fusion to any and everyone!!!!

sync, moonroof, cargo space, comfort and handleing.......etc I LOVE this car!!

none that I can think of!

Great deal for the money
By triple john

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased a 09 4 cyl Fusion for 18K...I know the 4 cyl is not the fastest, but not bad for a four...especially with the 5 speed automatic. I just drove drove 500 miles home and averaged 32 mpg @ 70 mph, This engine not even broken in yet, so mileage should improve a bit. The car is very quite on the highway and quite comfortable. My last car was a Cadillac, so I appreciate quality. This car was loaded with the sun & sync package, black leaather interior with blue suede inserts, ambient lighting, travel computer with compass sport package with 18" rims, cruise, 8 speaker premium sound system with 6 cd changer, satelite radio with steering wheel controls, power seats, rear spoiler.

Sun & Sync package, sport package, 8 speaker premium stereo with speed actviated volume.

More HP from the 4 cyl engine