Used 2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 301 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great First Car!
By Jay

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford Fusion is great!! It was my first car after being passed down through two of my other brothers (talk about strength and reliability). Little to no maintenance was required through the years we had it. I’m fact, the only time I remember it going to a shop was an oil change. I can say the interior was beginning to break down, but is expected with having going through 3 high school boys. About 10 years of hard teenage driving! I got it at about 180,000 miles. Lost it to a wreck (walked away fine). Had about 220,000 miles on it. Wouldn’t hesitate to get another!

I own the car since 2006 I total of 2018
By Andrew Jones

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I own the car since 2006 I total of 2018 I love the car quite reliable car with 217,000 miles on it

2006 Ford Fusion Never again
By Terry

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am the original owner of the 2006 Ford Fusion SEL V6. I purchased the car after the tranny went on the Ford Explorer limited edition. Only had 105k miles. So back to it, none of the standard features were available on this car since it was brand new and It would have been considered upgrades. I was not about to spend another 3k on it. The first weekend I owned the car I drove it up to Orlando. The car drove OK, but when I tried slowing down, the anti lock brakes locked up and there I went skidding over a curb and almost hitting a light post. When I got back to margate I took it back to the dealer. They had my car for 2 weeks and said it was all fixed, but could not tell me why the brakes locked up. I picked up the car and went to work when suddenly the entire car started to shake. So there I went made a Uturn and took it back to ford. They had my car for another 3 weeks. This time they stated that the transmission was bad. ?? On a brand new car??? At the end of the 3 weeks I picked up my car again and drove it less than a mile when my check engine light came on. Are you Kidding... Again I took the car back to ford. They had my car for another week and said there were loose wires. I picked it up again and was taking another trip to Orlando. While driving at 70 miles per hour the car was shaking so bad, I thought the car was going to fall apart. So Mid drive I called Ford and they said that they would not be able to get someone out to pick me up until the following day. So needless to say Orlando got screwed up and could not get a refund. That was a $500 loss, not including that roach motel in Pt St Lucie. Well Anyways, someone came to pick me up and they brought the car back to Ford. They had my car for another 3 weeks. They said the cam shaft cracked, ball joints needed replacing, engine mounts were loose, and that I needed an alignment. Note: The car had less than 2500 miles on it. I was fed up and wanted to get rid of it. They said they would only offer me 15 for the car and I would had been upside down on it if I did trade it in. The problem with the lemon law is that the same problem has the occur 3 times for it to be considered. Well here we go again. Finally you would have thought that they would have corrected the problem. Boy I was wrong. So the car continued to have multiple issues with the engine and Ford was not doing anything. Luckily I started working for an auto mechanic place and they fixed many of the issues. Right before the warranty expired another issue happened with the AC in which it would come on and off by itself. Now this is not a temp gauge to set at 70 degrees or something similar. It was just the standard turn knob. Ford said after review of the contract it would not be covered under a warranty since it was not a temp degree sensor as listed above. After paying them to fix it, just over a year later it started again. I took it back and they said since it was out of warranty there was nothing they could do. OK so the things I had replaced already several times, brakes, brake pads, timing chain, engine mounts, ball joints, ties, water pump ( now going on the 3rd time) tire rods, oil pan, water hoses, power steering hose, power steering pressure switch, tire rods are loose again, starter, battery, etc. I would love to just go out and get another car, but would not be able to afford the payments. Ford has sent me 2 recalls on it, and neither time did ford do anything. Ford is not what they used to be. Back in the 70-80's they cared about there customers, now who cars. So here I am at 132k miles again at ford to have some of the same issues repaired again. Pressure power steering hose $450.28, Power steering pressure switch $202.16, Tire rods are loose $512.91, alignment $129.95, engine mounts $399.36, water pump $438.87, coolant flush ( just done 3 months ago) $129.95, trans fluid $229.95. Beware on buying anything ford. If you drive by a ford place, just take a peek at the service center. If they have lines on a daily basis, do not buy from them.

Excellent First Car!
By Gabriel Welch

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2006 Ford Fusion used from a private seller with 125,000 miles. It was the best first car I could have asked for. It was stylish and comfortable and super reliable. Not one thing went wrong with it the entire time I owned it (I sold it with 165,000 miles). I kept up with minimal regular maintenance and the Fusion kept up with me. I was a teenager when I bought the car so I drove it fast and hard. It took a beating and didn't show any signs of wear. It was extremely safe too! The only thing that I wish it had is an auxiliary input. 2006 is a little late for a car to NOT have that. All in all the Fusion was an amazing vehicle and I miss driving it.

NO MAJOR ISSUES - 10yr original owner
By physchic

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car new in 2006 when I needed to trade in my mustang that was not so affordable while in college. This was not my choice vehicle, but the decent power was an acceptable transition from the GT power I was used to indulging in. I pushed the oil changes beyond to ~5k mi but regularly went with a synthetic oil option. I did maintenance at 80k mi and have it inspected periodically. It now has 140k mi and the recent full inspection from the dealership reported all areas in the green, including belts and hoses. That's the good. Here's the bad. Shortly after purchase, one of the rear inner door handles completely broke. They're made of plastic that isn't so durable. I should have taken it for repair under warranty, but didn't. Then, at ~80k mi, the front control arms needed to be replaced. This was a bit expensive... on the order of $1800. It wasn't a safety concern, but they were noisy. It was due to the rubber in the ends of each arm, which breaks down so it sounded like rubber rubbing together whenever the wheels were turned. That was a bummer, but I suppose the bad could have been much worse. The headliner has started to fall at the rear recently, so that will need repair next. Other than that, I've only needed to replace the brakes - which lasted >100k mi and tires. Overall it's been a great, reliable vehicle for the past decade!