Used 2018 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My Pretty Blue Car

Brook, 03/16/2018
SE w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan (1.0L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

Just got my 2018 Ford Focus SE. Its awesome. The handling the pick up the comfort just amazing. I have own other Ford Focuses and will be staying with them. If they are well cared for they last forever. When I traded in my older focus for this one it had over 200,000 miles and was still going strong.

Pleasantly surprised for the price

Hoosierdaddy2, 08/08/2018
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Advertised $4000 rebate and dealer discount got me to the dealer to drive one. Very impressed with handling and quiet ride, for the price. Acceleration is perfectly adequate though not exciting. SEL costs very little more than an SE with automatic, and you get a lot more. Titanium is too much money to put in this car. Drove an S/T and it's a HOOT, like a Golf GTI for thousands less (after rebate); wanted it but wife won't drive a stick shift and it only comes that way. My star-ratings are "for the price." Update at one year - No problems and getting 38 mpg on long highway trips; 27-29 mpg on typical city/suburban driving (doing the math at the pump). One scare: driving up a long steep hill in October with 2 other passengers, I could feel the transmission slipping and then a message appeared on the display that said the transmission had overheated, pull over and stop as soon as possible. I did so, and a few minutes later another message said OK to resume driving. I took it to the dealer the next day and they said no codes came up. It hasn't happened since. Update at 18 months and 28,000 miles: No problems, only expense has been oil changes every 5K miles. Still happy with the car, for what it cost. Update at 24 months and 37,000 miles: Check engine light came on in Dec., dealer replaced catalytic converter under warranty. No other problems, only expense has been oil changes every 5K miles. Still happy with the car, for what it cost. Update at 3 years and 45K miles - No problems at all, happy with the car.

Love it, love it, love it

Otto, 07/03/2018
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Not my first Focus. After spending months shopping I decided on the 2018 SEL with all the bells and whistles that go with it. I drove a Chevy Suburban 4X4 for about 15 years and the transition from getting up into a vehicle to getting down into a vehicle took some getting used to. The acceleration is acceptable. Small relatively light car for the horsepower. Quiet, smooth driving. I love the handling. Almost sport's car like. The only thing that can be improved on, in my opinion, is the 6 speed transmission. It seems that sometimes it can't decide which gear to be in. But the Select Shift takes care of that. Have not yet gone on a long trip so I have no comment on that as of yet. Planning on driving from Michigan to Florida soon so I'll update my review then. Update: It's now the middle of winter and the car is still functioning fine. Temperatures are well below zero. No problem starting and handles well enough on snow packed roads. I just love the remote start. I start it from my living room and get into a nice warm car. In this cold weather it starts first time, every time.I have no complaints about this Focus. I also installed a K&N air filter (will NOT void warranty). It gives the car a bit of better performance. All in all I,m pleased with my purchase.

2018 Ford Focus

Brittani , 01/18/2018
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well I just bought it with only 18 miles on it . Drives really good . I have no complaints so far . I really like the Focus and hope it lasts me awhile. Will do an update later on it once I drive it some more Update : Well the car has 13,500 miles on it now . I haven’t had no problems yet . I am averaging about 34.2 mpg so that’s good . I just have the base s model with automatic transmission. I can tell you that I miss not having a cruise control. It gets a little aggravating on long road trips but I manage. The front seats are not the most comfortable on long trips

Started running rough in 6 gear

Sean, 07/25/2018
SE w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan (1.0L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

Very economical with a decent look for an affordable price. RAN GREAT for 5,000 miles and now when I drive in 6th gear, it’s starting to “shutter” or “miss” a bit off and on. I’m wondering if it’s going to cause any transmission problems down the road like it’s sister automatic packages... I guess we will see