Used 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

MORE TROUBLE THAN WHAT IT'S WORTH
By Amanda H.

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

You will have to take this vehicle to the dealer for repairs numerous times. I have had to take my car in at least six times in less than two years. It has several recalls and needs several other recalls done to make it safe to drive. The transmission computer module reset had to be done on my car several times, Ford reset it twice and replaced it three times on my car. It is in again with transmission issues that was not part of the recall by they are replacing it free of charge. Parts for this vehicles have been on back order numerous times leaving me without a car for several days up to a week without a vehicle. I have several children and this car makes me afraid to transport them in the car. It will not accelerate when you need to at times. I have been getting onto the highway, pushing the gas pedal as far as it will go and it refuses to go. This car is a DANGER TO THE OWNERS AND ANYONE ON THE ROAD. There are very few good qualities about this car so it is not worth the hassle and risk. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME ON THIS CAR!!!

HORRIBLE! Stay away!
By Jennifer

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I know of 2 other people who have owned this car and they all have hated it! I will never buy Ford again. I took it to the service department 4 times in 2 years. Once to have the clutch replaced (on a brand new car) and three more times to have the "transmission computer module reset" because according to the service department employees "there wasn't anything more they can do".

DO NOT BUY!!!!
By Nolan

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Save yourself the headache, the constant trips to the service department and being broke down on the side of the road. This car is beyond unsafe. I've had it for 2 years and its had transmission issues the entire time and has a active recall on the transmission. It's on its way back to get repaired for the 5th time and I'm sure it will break down again. Ford doesn't do anything to help. So I'm stuck with a car that value is very low because of the recall. I'm looking at a $6,000 loss if I trade it in. I will never ever buy a ford anything again. Please don't buy this car.

Junk, Stay away from buying
By Richard Bowen

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We have owned the car since 2014 and have nothing but problems with the transmission. There was a recall and the car has been in the shop four times already and it still has problems shifting and making grinding noises. The car only has 40,000 miles and the A/C has stopped working. Ford has basically told us its our problem and the dealer has told us that the car will always have problems with the transmission. The dealer can fix it but it messes up again a few thousand miles later. Stay away from the 2013 2014 Focus.

I'm never buying a Ford again!!
By NTK

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2013 Ford Focus has been in the shop numerous times for the transmission shuddering, which is NOT normal no matter what Ford says. A car should not sound or feel like this when driving normally. Now it's in the shop for a broken steering column, which broke 1970 miles after the 36000 warranty, and Ford refused to pay for it or acknowledge that it is a faulty steering mechanism. Now there is another recall for the door latch which opens while driving. Great! This car is the worse car I've ever had. I've owned it for 3 years and it has been more work, hassle and headache than my mother's Subaru of the same year, and my 2003 Suzuki, which was not the greatest car, but it was only in the shop once! Now the Suzuki is looking so much better, I should have never turned it in for this terrible Ford Focus!!!