Used 2005 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...37

Pros
Cons

HOCUS FOCUS WHAT A RELIABLE CAR

HOCUS FOCUS, 09/29/2015
ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is very reliable. I bought my 2005 used from a car rental and I have had it for 10 years now. I have 134,000 miles on it and I don't see myself giving it up for a long time to come! I am short and the seat rises up to where your head basically touches the roof! My parents bought one a few years ago because they liked driving in mine and getting in and out was easy for them. I get 35 miles to the gallon even at 10 yrs. old! They aren't the most quiet cars but they are a good ride and dependable.

Good handling, peppy, and cheap!

Justin, 12/28/2015
ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this focus so I could gift my 2005 Mercury Mariner to my wife to haul the kids around. It is my third focus and I have loved all of them. The worst part would be the cheap interior materials and the layout of the armrest and cup holders leaves a bit to be desired however.....the engine and 5 speed make those issues simply minor annoyances. Its a 2.3 and it feels faster than it is. It grips the road well and goes where you want it to. I know its boundaries like any car so I have a lot of fun driving it and its a cheap reliable car. I bought it with 119k miles over a year ago and I currently have 141k and the only problem I have had to change was the front brakes, rear wheel bearing, and the alternator. All these things are normal especially a car its age so I don't count those as faults. I would love to upgrade to the Focus ST or wait and get the RS but financially I will stick to my little silver bullet.

Ford actually got this car right

Spencer, 07/30/2016
ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Early on Ford definitely had a spotty record when it came to building reliable cars. The early Focus models were popular when they came out, but they were littered with reliability issues. 2005 included a major overhaul of the design, engine, transmission, and interior. This car was bought in 2006 with 27k miles on it. I've since racked up over 145k with minimal problems. The engine/transmission mounts failed early on, but were replaced and since have been fine. The only other major repair was the air filter. The air filter built with this car will more or less fail around 100k, and I replaced mine with a K&N intake to resolve this issue. Apart from that, everything else has been routine.

2005 Ford Focus ZX4

Bryan, 12/21/2004
ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car looks great inside and out. It drives well and has very nice and quick acceleration. So far, country and city, I am not experiencing the fuel mileage on the sticker. Overall, I love my new Focus.

Richmond BC Focus

wpgjet, 01/03/2013
ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2005 Focus in September 2005. 113,700 KMs later it is running fine. The CD player, however, is prone to failure. I have had SEVEN replacement CD players installed, under warranty. Also, the power door lock mechanism has had to be replaced twice, also under warranty. Otherwise, the car is reliable and fun to drive. No actual mechanical problems. As with any new car purchase, it is a good idea to buy the Extended Warranty, as the electronic gadgets are expensive to replace.

12345...37