Used 2014 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A) Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Flex for Sale
Select your model:

Convinced the wife

trapper6mm, 04/26/2014
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Although my wife thought the Flex was ugly, I convinced her to consider it along with the GMC Acadia in our shopping for a 3-row seating SUV. Once she drove it she was convinced the looks were not enough to keep us from buying one. She was not expecting to like it that much. I was impressed with the EcoBoost engine performance, the strong brakes, and very good ride and handling. It blew away the Acadia once we had taken test drives in both. The price of the EcoBoost AWD Flex is also very competitive with that of the Acadia Denali AWD.

1 &1/2 years later -2014 Limited Flex w/eco boost review

nai571, 05/17/2015
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded I my Mercedes r350 for my 2014 limited w/eco boost Ford Flex and all in all I'm glad I did. While the Mercedes was solid as a tank, The ford flex styling is much more me. It's deceiving in that it looks like some slow mom/pop car but when I pull up to a red light and a luxury vehicle tries to out gun me, they are quickly left mouth open in my 365 horsepower dust. This mom/pop car is pretty fast - and I love it. I love the color too, it's a unique white diamond tri coat (it's somewhat sparkly in the sun) and has a black roof. Very unique, although mini-cooper and Range Rover make a similar combination. Actually looking at it from the front the flex could pass as a Range Rover.

Roomy, comfortable and great highway cruiser

Bill P, 06/04/2016
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have driven my '14 Flex for over a year and have to say that this is one of the most comfortable and pleasant cars to drive I have ever owned. I was looking for a larger SUV at first, but the prices turned me off, so I went to look at the Explorer and the Flex. After driving both, I fell for the Flex (it was fully loaded with some great equipment too). It felt roomier and more comfortable than the Explorer, was much more responsive and better handling than the Explorer. It also seemed to have decent cargo space. And I have not been disappointed with my purchase. This car just goes straight on the highway; very little steering adjustment is needed. A great highway cruiser. I has the 20" oversized tires and I think this adds to the great handling. The OEM tires seemed to be a bit hard and a little noisey at first, but they handle great on dry and wet pavement and are ok in the snow and they are wearing very well (and even). I think I would buy them again when needed. While the gas mileage is better than I would have had on the bigger SUV's ( I get about 14-16 city and 23-24 highway with the eco boost V-6), it is pretty bad for a small SUV, especially in the winter. But all in all, I would have to say that this car is under-advertised by Ford because it is a pretty good package for families. I recently checked the resale value of this car though and it does not appear to be that great. I guess that would make buying a used Flex something to consider. If you can take the gas mileage, its a great family car, hauler and a great vacation cruiser.

Flex: Not Great to Look At But Superior to Drive

Charles Olson, 07/09/2017
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is not a sports car or even a high powered performance vehicle. What the Flex is, is a reliable, comfortable-riding, quiet, vehicle that has plenty of storage space while still allowing rear-seat passengers comfort and quietness. Rear-seat passengers can control their own temperature just like both front-seat passengers can do. I sold my 2014 Flex, got a two-year lease on a Ford Fusion, and purchased a 2019 Flex Limited, now my third Flex I've owned. The AWD works flawlessly and yet I still average 20 mpg overall. This is one of the most under-appreciated vehicles Ford produces. I love it and would recommend this vehicle if you are looking for a great family vehicle with a lot of nice features at a fair price. This is an update to a previous review. I still love the vehicle and especially love the storage space. I even used it to carry home 3/4 inch sheetrock and 8-foot lumber from Lowe's. Highly recommend this vehicle if you don't mind having a "boxy" looking car. One of the advanced technology that is impressive is the "heads up" display in the lower left quadrant of the windshield when the collision avoidance is activated. The only problem with that system is that it goes off if a car is turning in front of you and you pass on the left or if you are on the Thruway and cars in front of you take an exit and you pass on the left. I wish this system worked in a parking lot by signaling when you are getting close to the car in front of you. Still drives and rides wonderfully. Because my wife and I downsized and moved into a village we had to trade in the Flex for an Escape. The Escape is nowhere near the ride comfort of the Flex but it does fit into our smaller garage. This is an update and I still recommend the Ford Flex; in fact, I miss mine very much.