Used 2013 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Love me some boost
By Aaron Dowdell

2013 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great power, great hauling, love it. I was a little concerned about the temperature controls not having buttons and being touch, but it has worn very nicely with no noticeable wear and tear over 100k miles. The air conditioned seats are a bit flaky, but over a 100k miles and has needed nothing except tires and alignments, oil and air filters, and windshield wipers. Car seats are a bit of a struggle especially when you have 4 of them and have to climb into the back seat to buckle the kids, or worse remove and install the seats. The low roof makes it difficult to fit your body on top of the car seat to reach down into the nether regions to connect the straps. Once connected though the kids have no problem getting in and out and operating all the buttons to do it themselves. In the busy city sometimes you just need some grunt to get the thing moving and the AWD ecoboost does that with zero complaints.... Need to hit that hold in traffic as it flows past? No problem, it squirts with the best of them. In a drag race it launches a bit soft I suspect that is to protect transmission and other drivetrain bits, but past 20 mph she really digs and goes.

Amazing ride the flex has it all.
By Diane

2013 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I do not normally write reviews but I am absolutely in love with the Ford Flex this is the smoothest ride I have ever had handles beautifully the sound system is amazing and everything that the Ford flex offers just makes this one complete package I don't think I'll ever own anything different I can't say enough about this I just love it. I was not crazy about how the outside looked at first but the second I sat in it and test drove it I was hooked

The best family hauler!
By Lukas

2013 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car that I have is a non turbo version with 20" wheels. The engine has adequate power to haul 7 people, but don't expect it to haul (that's the ecoboost version). Gas mpg is okay, I drive in LA traffic everyday and I get 19-21 mpg combined. The car uses 87 octane and with this current cheap gas price, I have no complaint. The only down is the infotainment system. Everything is touch sensitive and it gets annoying after a week. Just give me a damn knob or button for radio and AC control. Other than that this car is very quiet and smooth. Ride quality can be improved if you get the 19" or 18" wheels. Leg space is plenty in all 3 rows.

Love my flex!!!
By michael Long

2013 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is amazing, I bought it because I just had twins and needed a 3rd row for the addition to our family. Plenty of room, great options and I love the appearance package. The looks of this car are not for everyone but if you can get past it, that's the biggest hurdle. Everything else about this car is great. Ecoboost power is amazing, Vista sunroof makes everyone's day. Power folding seat make hauling a breeze, towing package and backup camera make driving an ease. Even the refrigerator in the 2nd row console is great for keeping your kids drinks nice and cold. I love my flex and will be buying another one after I'm done with thus one.

Wife loves it kids hate it
By Mark

2013 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car is wonderful, except third row seat is cramped and hard to access.