List Price Estimate

Used F-450 Super Duty for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Great truck except for the engine. Got rid of it!!

Dee Danner, 07/11/2016
Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

After having multiple check engine lights come on while driving on the Interstate, I've had it. Contacted Premier Diesel and Auto in Mansfield TX who told me this 6.4 engine is horrible. They advised me to sell or trade it. The engine was made by International not Ford. They said the engines just "blow up" and they have multiple trucks sitting on their property that need new 6.4 engines. Just bought the truck used in February and having to take a loss to trade it in. Wish I knew then what I know now.

Sweet horse hauler

DGP, 05/22/2008
Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Have 17,500 and love the truck. Interior is beautiful and convenient. Can ride for days and feel fresh. Pulling a 40 ft horse trailer with 8- 10 horses. Have no problem with power. Gas mileage is where I expected it. 10 to 15 mpg hauling 14 to 17 off hook. Notice a big difference in mpg from 55 to 65. No problems so far. Prior truck was gmc 3500. No comparison.

My last F-450 review... it's DEAD! re-re-review

peacepunk, 02/02/2011
Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is my last update on our 2008 F-450. I no longer wish to own this vehicle. Do not buy a 2008, it will leave you broke! As I was driving my kids home after their karate practice, we noticed a strange clicking sound coming from the engine. The sound kept getting louder and louder so I was attempting to find a safe place to pull over in the middle of no where. Too late. The truck just suddenly shut off. I was told by our Ford service department today that we need a new engine. Cost: $16,000 or the other "cheaper" option is a partial rebuild at $14,000. "Internal problem" is their diagnosis. So dissapointed in a truck I used to love.

tough trucks

ford104, 06/07/2012
XL 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I hear alot of discussion on the 2008 ford f-450 and a few reviews stated that they had some serious problems with thier vehicles well i work for a company that operates mostly ford vehicles some chevys too.we use these trucks for dump trucks and heavy haul such as excavators backhoes etc and the ford has really outdone the chevrolet in terms of quality and power the ford responds better in the steering and even acceleration we put these trucks through some of the worst conditions there are and have not had a problem with the trucks at all i had one turbo go out thats it so for those of you who need a powerfull trck for towing and hauling heavy loads thr ford is the truck to buy

Yes and No!

Denise, 12/19/2007
Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I traded up from a 2000 F350 with 50,000 miles. The 08 F450 is a much better riding, and driving truck and the King Ranch package can't be beat. It definitely has more power then the 2000, and the suspension is amazing - I have a Lance 1181 camper that's 4000lbs dry weight in the bed and the truck hardly sits down with it on there. But here's the no! with only 5500 miles on the truck and easy hauling it has been in the shop for more than six weeks with transmission problems, over heating issues and now it's starting to chug and act "weird" intermittently. Boy, I hope I haven't just given up reliability for comfort!

12345...9