Used 2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Bought Truck with 163K miles
By JL Howard

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I shopped for my first Diesel Truck for quite a while. I kept coming back to Ford 7.3 based on numerous conversations with current Diesel Owners. I ended up purchasing my 7.3 in Kansas and drove back to Texas with no problems. Power steering went out week two. 60 dollar rebuilt unit and back in business. I have since added a 6 position chip, eliminated the muffler and added a cold air intake. Give or take about 500 bucks worth of parts and labor. Also filled the oil with Amsoil (worth every penny). All very good investments. I get 18 to 20 miles to the gallon and I am a heavy footed driver. It is a 3/4 ton truck that will now boil the tires. Try to keep the RPMs around 2000 and use the cruise for the best mileage. Very solid truck at 75MPH. Pulled my 30 foot trailer with no problems whatsoever. I look forward to getting 1 million miles out of my truck.
UPDATE 185,000 with no issues. Very happy with my POWERSTROKE!

The Beast
By Mike Woodside

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Hardest working truck I ever owned. In 7 yrs and 150,000 miles the only repairs, out side of standard service items, were ball joints, 4 spark plugs blowing out of the head and the front left universal froze. The the 5.4 has pulled over 8,000# with barely a whimper. In the hills of western PA that is a real job. I have pulled trees,traveled to the bowles of earth and traveled to 1/2 of the States with it and always made it home. I blame the spark plug problem on the mechenic that did the plug change. I tapped and inserted heli-coils in the bad holes and had no furthed problems. I replaced all the plugs my self at 140,000 and have not had further problems. So I am sure he did something wrong.

Power, power and power to spair. My heaviest weighed load was 14,700 ( truck, trailed and scrap). Truck handled great, pulled great and stopped great. The 4 wheel disk brakes are awsome, the original pads lasted 96,000 mi.

Remove the hump in the floor under the drivers left foot. (just under the e- brake) Increase the gas milage, I do understand you must feed horses more than ponies, but I do not think 17- 19mpg empty is to much to ask.

My F-250 truck
By greg

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

My truck has all the power I could ask for and more. I have a 6 speed and it pulls much better than the auto I had before. I work heavy construction and use this truck for work 6-7 days a week. I only drive Fords or Chevys and this is by far the best truck I've ever owned!

POWER.

Lower the price.

Gas Guzzler!
By wyomingwapiti

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is our work truck. Used to pull heavy fifth wheel loads. This truck had the optional v-10 engine. Loads of power. Gas mileage was horrible (about 9 mpg, 4 mpg when towing). Overall this was a fairly reliable truck. Truck had 75,000 miles upon recent trade-in. Problem areas: clutch went out, u-joint problems, steering stabilizer, bad seals in tranny. I personally don't like the way the truck handled on the highway. Felt squirrely and wandered quite a bit. Good clearance for off roading though.

Powerful v10 engine. Off road clearance.

On road handling. Needs better gas mileage.

Jack of all Trades
By Tracy Allen

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

My friends thought I was crazy when I
bought this big old beast. What an
awesome truck it has turned out to be.
From everyday worry free driving to
hauling building materials, to towing
the boat, this truck (F250SD 5.4l v8
gas), has plenty room and power for
anything and everything I've been able
to throw at it!

Solid Build, powerful engine, vinyl seats and floor board are super easy to clean especially after trips to the beach, or camping.

Can't think of anything. It does just exactly what it is supposed to do, It's a truck!!!