2020 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $4,411
Select your model:

Easy to understand why it’s #1

Kayemtee, 09/16/2020
XLT 4dr SuperCab 8 ft. LB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Update 9 months after delivery. Disappointed in quality control. Rear camera stopped working intermittently in a different way than in my 2017 F-150. This time, it was the camera itself that failed rather than a computer behind the dash. Dealer replaced the camera ahead of a recall issued a bit after mine was replaced. Given that this was the last year of the old design, it’s hard to understand why the supplier still had a problem providing a reliable unit. Additionally, the entire “radio” (or whatever they call it these days) stopped working (also intermittently). The dealer was able to reproduce the problem and fix it ahead of a long trip I just took. Nothing but speculation here, but given these components have been in use since 2015, is it possible that Ford has been squeezing suppliers on price, resulting in faulty pieces? Given what I’ve read about catastrophic engine failures on new GM and Jeep Chrysler products, these relatively minor issues have not yet convinced me to look elsewhere next time. I was extremely satisfied with the 2017 XL Supercab so when the lease was up, looked for another. I upgraded slightly with an XLT this time and got heated power front seats, bed lighting, adjustable pedals, an opening rear window, First, lease prices. I shopped other brands but all were more expensive for comparable trucks, especially Toyota. If Toyotas have such high resale value, why are the leases so much more? The 2.7 EcoBoost has plenty of power; with a lease, I’m not concerned about long term durability. It does burn a lot of gas, particularly when towing my 4000+ pound boat (12mpg). The truck only averages 20mpg if I drive on flat ground under 60mph. You won’t even realize the trailer is there. Climbs mountains effortlessly at 80mph with the boat behind it. Unless I was towing greater weight, I see no need for either of the bigger engines. The seats are extremely comfortable, even in the base model. 12 hour drives are no problem. Ride comfort is remarkable for a truck, particularly with weight in the bed or when towing. We have made once a year, 3000 mile trips with the boat in tow and its a pleasure with this truck. My new one came with a split bench rather than a console; not sure I like it as much although it can be folded down and has lots of storage within it. Rear seats are adequate for adults on shorter trips; we don’t use them often except for the dog and we prefer the longer bed. I’m not sold on the ten speed transmission over the six speed I had in my ‘17. I haven’t seen any improved gas mileage and not smoother either. Automatic dimming high beams were a new feature I hadn’t expected. My previous boat was somewhat heavier, so I considered getting a lesser tow vehicle this time around, but I am so pleased with the way my old one towed, I was reluctant to downsize to a vehicle that was approaching maximum towing capacity. Before 2017, I had never owned a pickup. We towed with older Explorers and then Expeditions, but the latter got so expensive. We never carried a lot of passengers, so I was spending money for features I didn’t use. It’s great to be able to bring home large objects and garden stuff. In summary, I’m very happy with this truck. I have an XLT SuperCab with the 2.7 and a 6.5 foot bed, not an option offered in the menu below.

Complete truck

Strong truck, 05/23/2020
Lariat 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

An engine for every need, very smooth riding and quiet truck interior very well laid out and easy to operate

Ford F-150 XLT 4x4

Rich C, 02/19/2021
XLT 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.3L 6cyl 10A)

I still own my 1998 Ford Ranger 2x2. 240k miles and still kicking. Sadly the Ranger is too old to travel up and down the east coast so we finally sprang for the 2020 F-150. We got the base model with 3.3 Liter base engine. Plenty of power for someone who only occasionally tows a small boat. The engine is amazingly quiet at idle. Gas mileage is not great. 18 around town and 21 Highway. The ride is nice on the highway. Great long distance vehicle. We got the extended cab 2 door/ clamshell with 6 1/2 ft bed. I can see why this truck is #1. Great all around vehicle. Hauls and drives nice. Interior fit and finish needs improvement. However it looks like interior will last a long time. Lots of plastic that doesn't fit together well. Dashboard has warped a little. Otherwise truck is built well. Love the touch screen and Apple Play. Great Truck!

Ad
Build Your Ford F-150 XL
At a Glance:
  • 7 Colors
  • 2 Trims
  • $29,290starting MSRP

Designed by idiots

Curmudgin, 05/07/2021
XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

I have been a Ford fan for years. My first pickup was a 1970 F100 three on the tree. This 2020 pickup is just a grocery getter. Who in the hell thought a locking tailgate was a good idea. With a GM you can program it to unlock everything when you put it in park. I disconnected the wires. Auto start stop, is that a government requirement? Stupid starter is over $500. At least you can shut that off. It does good in snow and mud. There is enough clearance to chain up. Fix the tailgate pin head!

F150

Bruce Voldahl, 10/22/2020
Lariat 4dr SuperCab 8 ft. LB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Shop around until you get exactly what you want