Skip to main content

Used F-150 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

Rear Axle

Platinum Supercrew-read end, 09/11/2020
updated 03/15/2021
Limited 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

I took delivery of a new 2020 on July 3, I started to hear some odd noises & slight vibrations in rear end. Ten days in the shop and no closer to a repair. They turned the rotors, then replaced the rotors, then replaced the axle...it took Ford nearly a week to authorized axle replacement and ship it to the dealer. All this took 3 weeks! The dealer gave me a loaner sedan then finally a truck. This is not what you'd expect from a new vehicle. I now see 3 recalls, rear camera, powertrain control module, lamp camera. Hope this is not the beginning of a long list or issues due to poor manufacturing (lack of quality control).

3 out of 5 stars

Way over priced

Ron S, 12/24/2020
King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

Purchased a loaded F150 King Ranch for about $74,000.00. The truck runs and drives nice, but the interior and electronics options are cheap and ford should be ashamed for this low-quality build. The B&O stereo system consistently crashes and 3 trips to the dealer and not fixed. The stereo computer power has less power than a 5-year-old cell phone. The rear camera is grainy and cheap. The adaptive cruise control consistently stops working in good weather. I have other cars with all these options, and no one has implemented all this technology in such an apathetic way. The interior trim is cheap painted plastic. Owning the truck for only 6 months and wear is showing. I do not use this truck for work, this is a casual truck that is well maintained. Garbage interior.

3 out of 5 stars

Awesome truck

JW, 11/12/2019
updated 11/13/2020
Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

Drives like a sedan, with smooth 10 speed transmission. 21 avg mpg over first 1000 miles. So far all good experience. Platinum 4dr 3.5L ( not 5.0 ). - 1 Year later / 20,000 miles. Trouble free. Have not seen the dealer except for 2 oil changes. Average about 19.5mpg over 20,000 miles with 2500+- trailer towing. Best tow vehicle I have owned. Would buy again.

5 out of 5 stars

I've had some trucks none this good

Joe G, 06/26/2020
XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

This new F-150 does everything just a little better than the rest. I tried the Ram, Chevy, and Titan, the Tundra is just too old of a design I wanted a new truck not just new metal. The ford is just the best complete package the Ram was the only real competition. My list in order of what's important to me. Power vs fuel efficiency [gas engine only diesel is not convenient], comfort ride, comfort interior, bang for buck price not just price, some electronic features, aluminum body I hate rust, looks is last it a truck not a Ferrari.

5 out of 5 stars

Capable, good ride and economy

MrWalleye73, 08/17/2020
Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Spent some time behind the wheel of my father's 2019 Lariat. Really liked it. I was driving a 2017 Explorer Limited with the standard 3.5L V6 and 4WD. The new truck does actually ride quieter and smoother than the Explorer (both having 20" wheels). I always had a bit of a grumble with the Explorer's ride after a few weeks of owning it, but it always checked out as mechanically fine. I drove another one and it was similar, so it was what it was. I heard more road and engine noise. I do miss the front camera, as this truck does not have the Tech package, but that wasn't a deal breaker. The truck has the 2.7L Ecoboost, and it pulls hard off the line, it pulls the 4000 lb boat/trailer easily. The Tow package is nice, even checking that your trailer lights work. Gas Mileage has been ~22 mpg, driving my daily commute to work. The Explorer was 20.5. If you have really tall passengers in the rear, with the sunroof, their heads may touch the headliner. Up front it's not an issue for me (6'7"). Luckily no one riding in the rear in my family is that tall, so all is well (folks up to 6'2"). Something to check if you want the roof. Standard running board steps on the Lariat are decent. The PVD wheels do require an extra buff after a wash, but worth it cause they shine nicely. Like the Camel colored interior, something different than black. The vented seats up front are good, better than the Explorer, I actually feel them. I think the Lariat was the best combo of options, a mostly luxury interior and I like all the chrome. Winter will be interesting to see, with the A4WD and Wrangler AT tires. The Explorer did get good marks for the winter ride with a set of decent tires on it. I'll update if things change at all.

12345...11