2018 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

I should have bought this years ago
By LobsterMan

2018 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 8 ft. LB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

I regret keeping my Honda Odyssey so long when I could have had my ford F150 XLT earlier. Th 2.7 v6 turbo give me 24 mpg at 65 mph and 22 mpg at 75 mph. The seats with heat and power lumbar are like riding first class. Nothing but smiles from this former Honda owner.

Excellent Truck - Advertised EPA MPG?
By Joel

2018 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

Ive had my new 2018 Supercab XLT F150 now for about a month and a half - 1500 miles into the break in and i’ve been testing the advertised MPG, 19 city / 23 highway. The vehicle is a 5.0 V-8, 2WD, with max tow package. This truck has the 36 gal fuel tank (extra weight), i’m 215 lbs (more extra weight, they’re tested with 150lb person), super cab, 3.55 gears, and 20” wheels (I imagine they test them with smaller wheels/cab for weight reduction.) My real world numbers: Highway, loaded empty, sea level with flat roads, cruise control, 60-68 mph, round trip is 130 miles for this test and it’s been done 3 times: 20.5 mpg —- City/Combined mix driving.. this includes towing a 3000 lb boat, stop and go traffic, and a little bit of highway: 15 -16 mpg. There’s a lot of extras on this truck, 20” wheels, 3.55 gears, etc so all of that picks away at the advertised EPA. Other than that, I love the truck and I enjoy driving it. Lots of power, espically for towing, and very comfortable ride.

First time Ford buyer
By D. Ainsworth

2018 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Trucks are insanely expensive now. I never liked the F-150, but after having some poor experiences with the dealerships that sell the truck that was my first choice, I decided to give Ford a shot. I have the 2.7l Ecoboost and am quite happy with it. You have 5 settings for the type of driving you want. If I forget to change it and it stays in normal, I cannot tell I’m driving a V6. In Sport mode it is a blast! I try to stay in Eco to maximize my mpg. My commute is 90 miles round trip, a mix of 70mph highway and 55 mph roads with few stops. I’m getting in the mid 20’s consistently. My local dealer actually wanted to sell me a truck which is nice compared to my former brand. I also save $0.60 a gallon because I can use regular (87) as opposed to the premium I had to put in my old car. This truck is doing a great job of making me feel like I did not settle for what was my third choice. I also feel better about not waiting to get the new 3.0 diesel option (which was my first choice on the other truck). I recommend you drive one for yourself, you may be as pleasantly surprised as I was!

Ford F150 XLT 4x4
By Frank

2018 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Shop your lease terms as well as purchase price.

LOVE
By Bill Hart

2018 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Love the revised exterior and really love the new front end. The interior is the great vegan leather, very comfortable and just enough power from the new 3.3 V6.