Used 2017 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews

Used F-150 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Damn Good So far

Carl D, 06/22/2017
Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Take your time with investigating the options and costs associated. You can get a better deal with a well factory accessorized Lariat vs purchasing a Platinum or limited. Ford marketing does an outstanding job of offering complex color, engine, trans, and options, schema(s) to maximize their profits (as they should). Also put the time into negotiating with multiple dealerships as they are all willing to ultimately make a fair deal when pressed by an informed buyer. This is the best truck Ford has ever made. Initial quality has been outstanding.

GREAT TRUCK

Dan, 05/09/2017
XLT 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2017 Ford F-150 4X4 Supercrew Short-bed 3.5 V6 Ecoboost with a 10 Speed Automatic Transmission. This vehicle is equipped with the 302A package. This engine is very powerful yet it delivers very good fuel economy. It is NOT a typical V6, this vehicle is equipped with dual turbo-charges. I average 19 MPG around town and average 22 MPG on the highway. It will deliver as much as 24 MPG on the highway. This vehicle rides very sooth an is very comfortable to drive. I prefer to disengage the Auto Start/Stop feature which is standard equipment in this truck. Even though this truck is very big it’s easier to drive then a passenger car and has a superb steering radius. The exterior and interior fit finish is very good. I do have the Navigation with the large LED screen. The radio and the features related to the radio are great. The voice activated controls and the hands-free phone system is the best I’ve personally experienced.

New 10-Speed (Schwinn :) Transmission

QA Man, 01/30/2017
XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 18,000 miles of ownership I am very impressed with my new F-150 XLT Supercrew 4x4. It has the new 3.5L Ecoboost engine and 10 speed automatic transmission (the tool only lets me enter the review under 6 speed) with 3.55 gears. After 7 years of trouble-free ownership, I traded in my 2009 F-150 4x4 with the 6-speed trans, 4.6L 3V (V8) engine, and 3.55 gears for this truck. The powertrain is what makes the 2017 truly shine. Power feels endless and the truck is deceptively fast. The 10 speed shifts far smoother than my old 6 speed. It always seems to be in the perfect gear, and shifts are quick. I have not experienced any gear hunting or hesitation while shifting. Towing my 4,500 lb. boat is no problem at all. The truck doesn't seem to strain at all even while accelerating up long hills at 70+ mph. Acceleration feels effortless, and the engine is so quiet it is easy to find myself speeding. The Sync 3 system is a huge upgrade over MyFord Touch, and it is really intuitive. Overall the truck is beautiful and fuel economy has improved as the engine has broken in. I average over 19mpg in mostly city driving and plenty of idling during the cold winter starts (I always disable the auto stop/start feature). I have gotten 23 mpg during highway trips. The cab is huge, backseat is comfortable for adults, and plenty of storage. I do have two critiques. The front seats are a little firmer and less comfortable than the seats in my 2009 F-150. They are power with lumbar and are certainly comfortable, but the seats in the 2009 seemed to hit all the right spots and fit like a glove. The other critique is the ride can be a little jittery on rough roads when unloaded. It is still an acceptable ride quality, but I wish Ford would offer a soft ride option for those who don't need to tow 12,000 pounds (I will never tow more than 7,000). It actually rides much better with a few hundred pounds in the bed. I am confident this truck will hold up just as well as my last F-150 with years of trouble free performance. Great job Ford! **Update** 3 years and 36,000 miles later I still love this truck. The combination of performance and efficiency is unmatched by the competition. I was sold by the innovation (twin turbo engine, aluminum body, and 10 speed auto) but I didn't realize how much performance this truck offered until owning it. I have driven cross country for a vacation with 5 adults and a dog (plus all our stuff in the bed) getting 23 mpg, hauled construction debris to the dump, and pulled my boat to the lake all with ease. Love the comfort, handling, and power of this truck it does everything well. It has been back for service a few times (under warranty) frozen door latch issue, and warped dash. The factory tires from Hankook needed replacement after less than 30k miles due to terrible lack of traction in snow and ice (lots of tread left, just no grip). I went with Continental Terrain Contact and love them (+1 size from stock). I struggled to update sync and the nav system (opportunities for improvement here Ford) but eventually figured it out and still believe this is the best truck on the market. My friends have similar trucks from Chevy and Dodge, they are nice but no match for the Ford. I have convinced 3 other friends to buy F-150's and they all love them. If you are considering this vehicle, you wont be disappointed.

If you want the best, forget the rest!

L. Mc, 02/04/2017
Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned many trucks over the years. I've never had a Ram, but have owned many Chevrolet and GMC pick ups. My father and father-in-law have F-150 trucks. I recently sold my GMC Sierra SLT 4WD Crew Cab and bought a 2017 F-150 Platinum 4WD SuperCrew with the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 and new 10-speed transmission. This truck is the fanciest and nicest truck I have ever been in. This thing is nicer than the vast majority of Mercedes and BMW cars. Tons of room, engine with gobs of power, very quiet, and awesome material quality used throughout. It is expensive, so you need to buy from a dealer than will give steep discounts like I did (Long-Lewis Ford in Muscle Shoals, AL). But this is one amazing truck! I would rather travel down the highway in this thing than a Cadillac!

Poor way to get a new truck

Stiles, 06/11/2017
Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I went to sleep and rolled and totaled my 2013 Platinum. That truck handled the wreck so well in keeping me safe, I thought Ford is the way to go. My new Lariat with the 3.5L V6 and 10 speed transmission is not a step down. It is a step up from the 2013. It has everything the Platinum had an much more. I do a lot of freeway driving. The 3.5L V6 and the 10 speed make the entry to the 75 MPH line of traffic easy and safe. Shazam, it is quick. I added a spray-in , a Tonneau top, and power running boards. It is like driving a royal limo. In the initial 1500 miles, the average is 20.8 mpg, up 5 mpg from the 2013 Platinum. I would have a hard time listing all the superlatives that cross my mind about this truck. Quick, quiet, comfortable, well appointed, love the auto high beams, improved rear camera, voice activated navigation, and on and on. After 25,000 miles, my attitude and appreciaion for this F150 has not changed. If anything, it has been enhanced with tie and usage. Since I do a lot of freeway driving, I really like the quick aceleration from the entrance ramp to the line of traffic, The yellow warning light in the side mirror has been very helpful in my avoiding accidents with vehicles in my blind spot. Safety enhancments are overdue and worthwhile. Update: After 12,000 very enjoyable miles, a six point buck decided to jump out of the bush on the side of the road and smack me on the point of the right front fender. It was so quick there was no time to respond. The deer went flying into the ditch and left me with $5000+ damage. Compliments to Henson Ford Body Shop. Can't tell it ever happened. It looks great and handles as smoothly as before. After the rental car, this Ford is a dream. Perhaps the old adage is true, "absence makes the heart grow fonder". When choosing the model on this template, I was not given the option of choosing the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost, but this truck has that engine.

12345...10