Skip to main content

Used F-150 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

New 10-Speed (Schwinn :) Transmission

QA Man, 01/30/2017
updated 08/04/2022
2017 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Update: I now have 55,000 miles on the truck and still love it. Only regular maintenance has been required with zero repairs. I have upgraded the interior to Katzkin leather and really like it. When the time comes I would replace this truck with a new F-150. After 18,000 miles of ownership I am very impressed with my new F-150 XLT Supercrew 4x4. It has the new 3.5L Ecoboost engine and 10 speed automatic transmission (the tool only lets me enter the review under 6 speed) with 3.55 gears. After 7 years of trouble-free ownership, I traded in my 2009 F-150 4x4 with the 6-speed trans, 4.6L 3V (V8) engine, and 3.55 gears for this truck. The powertrain is what makes the 2017 truly shine. Power feels endless and the truck is deceptively fast. The 10 speed shifts far smoother than my old 6 speed. It always seems to be in the perfect gear, and shifts are quick. I have not experienced any gear hunting or hesitation while shifting. Towing my 4,500 lb. boat is no problem at all. The truck doesn't seem to strain at all even while accelerating up long hills at 70+ mph. Acceleration feels effortless, and the engine is so quiet it is easy to find myself speeding. The Sync 3 system is a huge upgrade over MyFord Touch, and it is really intuitive. Overall the truck is beautiful and fuel economy has improved as the engine has broken in. I average over 19mpg in mostly city driving and plenty of idling during the cold winter starts (I always disable the auto stop/start feature). I have gotten 23 mpg during highway trips. The cab is huge, backseat is comfortable for adults, and plenty of storage. I do have two critiques. The front seats are a little firmer and less comfortable than the seats in my 2009 F-150. They are power with lumbar and are certainly comfortable, but the seats in the 2009 seemed to hit all the right spots and fit like a glove. The other critique is the ride can be a little jittery on rough roads when unloaded. It is still an acceptable ride quality, but I wish Ford would offer a soft ride option for those who don't need to tow 12,000 pounds (I will never tow more than 7,000). It actually rides much better with a few hundred pounds in the bed. I am confident this truck will hold up just as well as my last F-150 with years of trouble free performance. Great job Ford! **Update** 3 years and 36,000 miles later I still love this truck. The combination of performance and efficiency is unmatched by the competition. I was sold by the innovation (twin turbo engine, aluminum body, and 10 speed auto) but I didn't realize how much performance this truck offered until owning it. I have driven cross country for a vacation with 5 adults and a dog (plus all our stuff in the bed) getting 23 mpg, hauled construction debris to the dump, and pulled my boat to the lake all with ease. Love the comfort, handling, and power of this truck it does everything well. It has been back for service a few times (under warranty) frozen door latch issue, and warped dash. The factory tires from Hankook needed replacement after less than 30k miles due to terrible lack of traction in snow and ice (lots of tread left, just no grip). I went with Continental Terrain Contact and love them (+1 size from stock). I struggled to update sync and the nav system (opportunities for improvement here Ford) but eventually figured it out and still believe this is the best truck on the market. My friends have similar trucks from Chevy and Dodge, they are nice but no match for the Ford. I have convinced 3 other friends to buy F-150's and they all love them. If you are considering this vehicle, you wont be disappointed.

Damn Good So far

Carl D, 06/22/2017
2017 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Take your time with investigating the options and costs associated. You can get a better deal with a well factory accessorized Lariat vs purchasing a Platinum or limited. Ford marketing does an outstanding job of offering complex color, engine, trans, and options, schema(s) to maximize their profits (as they should). Also put the time into negotiating with multiple dealerships as they are all willing to ultimately make a fair deal when pressed by an informed buyer. This is the best truck Ford has ever made. Initial quality has been outstanding.

5 out of 5 stars

If you want the best, forget the rest!

L. Mc, 02/04/2017
2017 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned many trucks over the years. I've never had a Ram, but have owned many Chevrolet and GMC pick ups. My father and father-in-law have F-150 trucks. I recently sold my GMC Sierra SLT 4WD Crew Cab and bought a 2017 F-150 Platinum 4WD SuperCrew with the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 and new 10-speed transmission. This truck is the fanciest and nicest truck I have ever been in. This thing is nicer than the vast majority of Mercedes and BMW cars. Tons of room, engine with gobs of power, very quiet, and awesome material quality used throughout. It is expensive, so you need to buy from a dealer than will give steep discounts like I did (Long-Lewis Ford in Muscle Shoals, AL). But this is one amazing truck! I would rather travel down the highway in this thing than a Cadillac!

5 1/2 years still a great truck

Poppy Neese, 10/22/2018
updated 06/22/2022
2017 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I’ve had this F150 for 5 1/2 years, I’ve put 75k on her, still averaging little better than 20 mpg and never once has the tiny 2.7 Ecoboost engine disappointed me when I mash gas, like pony cars of the late 60’s this thing will zip. Only thing I’ve had to do is put rear brakes on, a set of tires and change the oil, that’s all. The truck rides great, the transmission shift flawlessly, most the time I take it easy, but when you need it all 375 foot pounds of torque are on hand to get around someone or to accelerate onto the highway. Seats are comfortable but drivers seat showing a little wear. Hate the start stop, but that’s easily cut off with dash mounted button. Was lil worried about 5.5 foot bed, but so far hauled easily everything I’ve need to haul! You sit up high with a commanding view around you. It’s not only a great around town truck, but a awesome highway cruiser, in my 59 years this is absolutely my favorite vehicle, Ford knows how to build a comfortable dependable pretty economical full size pickup and I couldn’t happier, my truck was built at Ford’s Kansas City plant and I Thank every one that had a hand building this truck, might be a lowly XL, but for me it’s been perfect!!!❤️❤️❤️ Even my wife loves driving it, the grandkids love riding in it, tons of room and even after 5 1/2 years it still gets compliments on the Race Red Paint. My next truck will be another F159 STX in Race Red, but I’ll look for a front bench instead of a console get 1 more grandchild in it😀 again I Love this Truck!!!

unlimited fun

mark, 11/23/2018
2017 Ford F-150 Limited 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

I have a 2017 limited 4x4. after 1 year all I can say is that it is by far the best truck I've ever owned or seen. it is comfortable ,easy to drive and holy cow the power....... The 3.5 twin turbo with the 10 speed is so strong.375 hp and 470 torque it is fast.....super sexy styling inside and out...the only complaint are the tires. they are great on dry and wet pavement, but if you live in a snowy area like I do, the Perrelli scorpions are not very good and with 22 inch rims options are limited. that being said I got a better tire and I love this truck. a little more money than a lariat, but with almost all option standard its worth it.

12345...11