Used 2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Acceleration is great, but reliability isn't
By Gyrogearloose

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 3.5L Ecoboost engine has been great. The truck is very quick when empty, and tows a 30ft trailer with no problem even on Colorado mountain passes. However, reliability has been mediocre. At roughly 10k miles, the throttle body failed causing loss of throttle and nonsensical Service AdvanceTrac and Hill Start Assist Disabled errors. The throttle body was replaced under warranty by the dealer. The same symptom recurred at about 40k miles. The fix is relatively easy, so this time I replaced the throttle body and saved myself much of the roughly $600 the dealer would have charged. A little before 40k miles, the vacuum operated actuators that engage 4WD failed causing a terrible grinding noise that goes way in AWD mode and returns in 2WD mode. The dealer replaced both left and right actuators under the drive train warranty. At that time, the dealer also found that the struts were leaking, which was consistent with the front end bounce that showed up when towing, so the struts are now replaced as well. Having previously owned Japanese SUV's that never failed, my F-150 has been a disappointment. Of the roughly 42K miles on the truck, about half were towing a 6000lb travel trailer, but the truck is supposedly designed to do this.

2015 F150
By Ken

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought used at 50000 miles and it had been used on a farm judging from mud etc in frame I have driven 15000 miles with no issues I bought V8 because I was suspicious of 6 cylinder for towing

My Big Green Machine!
By Lenspins

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2015 F-150 labor day weekend. It had 49,000 miles. The person that owned it before me had to be a farmer. I had the bed line-x and the smell and crap that was underneath the old liner was discussing. Then check engine light came on after several weeks of owning. Ford replaced the oxygen sensor. I took the vehicle home, again the check engine light came on. Further troubleshooting discovered that the catalytic converter was fried. Was covered under warranty. Just a little frustrated in my early ownership of this vehicle. I hope things get better. I love the look and handling of my truck, just got off to a bad start.

113000 miles truck is stalling, gas pedal doesn't
By Anthony

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Truck is stalling, now idles rough and gas pedal won't Rev engine. Probably gonna have to tow it in.

great truck
By Mal

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent power rides great Tech is really great will buy again