Used 2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews

Used F-150 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Muuuuch better than I thought!

Wes, 08/19/2015
XLT 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I've been a Toyota/Honda guy since 1987 because I've always been very happy with their quality and reliability. When I started looking at a full sized pickup, however, I broadened my search to include Ford for 3 very large reasons: They have come a LONG way in the area of quality, their Ecoboost engines offer great fuel economy, and Ford did not take government bailout money. I originally wanted the SuperCrew, but it did not fit in my garage (about 4 inches too long). So, I went with the SuperCab. The major factor that won me over to the Ford over the Toyota Tundra is the gas mileage. Even at today's prices, I could not justify buying a Tundra that will not get better than 15-16 mpg (real world) on the highway. I've now driven my 2015 2WD Ford F150 XLT for about 1500 miles. It may be a bit too early to draw any concrete conclusion, but at this point I do not think Toyota could have built a truck that is more solid or quiet than the Ford. I've been blown away by how quiet the 2.7L twin-turbo Ecoboost engine is, and the power is more than abundant. Ride quality is pretty much what you'd expect from a truck with an empty bed when going over things like railroad tracks and other bumps in the road. A bit jittery. However, when it comes to highway cruising I've been very pleased with the smoothness of the ride. I'm also very impressed with the sound deadening that Ford employed in the cab. This thing is quieter than the Toyota Avalon that I traded for it. Overall, at this point, I could scarcely be happier with my choice. This is my first ever full sized pickup. If things continue as they have, I think I can honestly say that I will be a Ford truck buyer for life. VERY impressed with the strides they have taken to produce a product with the advanced level of quality that I've experienced in this F150. Update - 2/17/2016 - I now have about 14,000 miles on the truck and very little has changed from my earlier comments. About the only negative that I've found is that the EPA estimates of 19/26 are wildly optimistic. Around town I'm usually at 17-18mpg (probably about 50% highway, 50% in-city), and with pure highway driving I'm usually at 20-21mpg. In fact, on my last 1100 mile drive to Phoenix I averaged about 18 on the highway. I've talked to the Ford dealer about it and all they can say is, "you have to watch how you drive this thing!" The implication is that the issue is with me and that I must drive with a heavy foot on the accelerator. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm very light on the accelerator and I always use the cruise control on long highway trips. I've also since read other reviews and the mileage issue seems to be a pretty common complaint. Fortunately, gas is cheap right now. Update - 8/29/2017 - I now have almost 49,000 miles on the truck and have been blown away by the quality. I've had absolutely no problems with this vehicle. As in, none at all. I have yet to take the thing in for any kind of warranty work. Absolutely nothing has failed. I can't remember the last time I've put almost 50k miles on a vehicle with no issues whatsoever. My biggest complaint is still with the gas mileage. Around town I seem to still be averaging around 17-18 mpg, and on the highway I'm lucky to see 23. Not much to add at this time.

I didn't want one, honestly!

Dave, 09/17/2015
Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I loved the 2015 Tacoma TRD Pro w/ custom leather, my wife said it was too small. I liked the 2015 Tundra Limited - not enough / if any? features to warrant the cost. I loved the 2015 GMC denali exterior, bad ass! The GMC interior was like walking into a 70's house with shag carpet. The 2015 F-150 - I didn't like the exterior design and started to look for the 14's. I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I test drove a 2015. Once inside, I can honestly say I was in awe. The interior of this truck was without a doubt EXACTLY what I expected a truck of this caliber. Safety features galore, comfort above and beyond, technology that out weights competition 10:1. I have massaging seats, Lane assist that keeps me from swerving, Running boards that retract when I open and close the door, Heated rear seats, My headlights are on Auto Bright and detect on coming cars so I don't have to switch from dims to brights, Adaptive Cruise Control, Turbo Engine, LED lighting... OverHead Parking Assist as if a drone is above my cab showing the entire truck surroundings front, back, both sides!!! Please ask me what else, it goes on and on. Tundra's back window goes down, cool. GMC? the interior looks like my buddies 97' Grand AM. The exterior redesign has grown on me, its starting to look more like a transformer - however I'm not a comic book kind of guy. Truth be told, the interior sold me so much so that I could be in a bright pink school bus and not even care. I get compliments non stop on my truck, and people really do turn their heads (maybe because its ugly, or maybe because its nice). I'm ending my review here because I personally wouldn't read past this point. Please trust me in that the 2015 F-150 Platinum is hands down the best truck in its class. If you don't believe me, just go test drive one and try to bash it agains competition without bias, it's impossible. Expensive? Sure, but you wouldn't be reading a review about the Platinum Trim if you couldn't get one... go get one.

Got a Lemon but a nice truck otherwise

Rob C, 02/03/2016
XLT 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a new 2015 XLT 2.7 ecoboost for a great deal. 42250 MSRP and with 7K discount and 7K rebate paid 28K for this truck! First new vehicle in 27 years. Unfortunately it spent 33 days in the shop out of the first 90 days of owning it. It shut the engine off while driving 3 times. Now after 3 repairs attempts it shifts irregularly now and then. Great design and most have no issues but this one was just not one of those without problems. Highway mileage is awesome, acceleration if really great. Roominess cant be beat and the camera spoils you. I did not like the 8 inch screen that only uses 2 of the 4 boxes if you don't have navigation and climate control, kind of a waste. Ford bought my truck back after the CA lemon lawyer took care of handling it. Decided to stay with used vs new.

Very Nice Truck " BUT "

jim, 10/04/2015
XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Outside looks very nice,BUT rear bed sits way too high for my likes.i plan on lowering rear height a couple of inches,ride is a little bouncy with empty bed but was to be expected. one big complaint is for almost $50,000 you dont get the 2 speed 4wd Auto system in an XLT,to me it makes having a 4WD almost useless for any on road driving,or having to keep turning it on and off all the time as you run into dry pavement at times,come on Ford all 4WD systems should have the 4WD Auto setting,most of us dont take them off road,we need to just set it and forget about it in Auto setting. I have the fold down console whiuch the headrest blocks the cup holders by the floor when down,my 2011 ford cup holders pulled out past the headrest,so no problem,new design sucks,along with that why were the headlight switches moved so low,hard to operate there,also the new AC vents are not as usefull as old ones,feel truck has moved backwards in design since owning a 2011 XLT to compare it with. I am getting 18MPG city driving with the 5.0 V8 and 21 on highway,i have no complaints with that,love the outside looks of truck and get lots of complements on the Ruby Red Metallic color,so heres hoping i will get used to its little flaws IMO,and that it dos not need any warranty service,as i did with my 2011 XLT ,thats another story, Well here is NEW update,I have now had truck for about 8 mos.and i love this truck inspite of some of the things i had mentioned when i first got it new,you get used to things after awhile,so far i have only had a problem with hard downshift from 5th to 4 gear,but that has mostly stopped but took almost 4000 miles before trans programed itself,still getting 18 miles to the gallon with the 5.0 very happy with that,the blocked cup holders i mentioned I &solved by removing headrest to fold down console,I never use it as a seat anyway,still trying to decide how to level truck,raise front or lower back ? lol, It does ride great as is,and has not needed to go back to dealer for any warranty work so far,just oil & filter change,which costs WAY too much at Ford Dealer.UPDATE 10/10/2016 still great, no problems,lowered rear by removing blocks under springs,looks great now almost level, no change in ride,the 5.0 engine exhaust sounds really good with stock exhaust system on it,still vary rare hard downshift from 5th to 4th,so have not had ford dealer reprogram trans computer,there is a service bulletin for it,that ford has out for the problem.UPDATE 04/2017 truck doing great,no problems at 16,000 miles,just oil changes and tire rotation,the Goodyear Wranglers are holding up very well too ,still loving the truck.UPDATE 12/2017 Truck still running great,now has 22,000 miles on it. NEW UPDATE 12/2019 still own truck,and it is doing great,no issues,a couple of minor recalls,still have original Goodyear tires on it at 40,000 miles still very good tread left ,did lower back of truck by removing blocks under springs,looks better now,did have to get Ford dealer to reprogram shifting of trans ok now,just installed new battery in it lasted about 5years,Still Lovin It !πŸ˜ƒ And it's almost paid for lol .Another UPDATE 6/2020 Still very happy with truck,now 5 years old no big issues,still factory Goodyear Wrangles 43,000 miles,should last 1 more year,shocks starting to feel a little soft,just had new Bilstein 5100 shocks installed all the way around,with front adjustable to raise front end up 2" now finally leavel,shocks great ,huge improvement in ride,all in all it has been a great truck for 5 yrs now,hope it continues πŸ˜‰πŸ™‚

Power Loss - Violent engine shake\shutter 10,800 k

B.Wenzel, 06/15/2016
XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My truck is 6 months old and has 10,800 miles. As in drove home from work during rush hour traffic the engine shut down and went into "limp mode" at 65 mph. There were 3 warnings icons: #1 Service Advancetrac, #2 Wrench Icon "see manual", #3 Hill start assist not available. Later the engine light came on. Ford Roadside towed the truck to the dealer, my research found 100 of complaints about is engine shutdown on Ecoboost engines. The engine will idle at 1000 rpm extremely rough, but pressing the gas pedal does nothing. Very dangerous when driving in heavy traffic, as all you can do is coast to a stop. Turning off the engine and restart did get the engine moving for another mile before it shut down again. Beware of this for your safety and your family. I also saw another review here with a similar issue, so it may not be insolated. *****UPDATE******* June 2016 Problem was the THROTTLE BODY. Dealer replaced under warranty.

12345...19