Used 2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Best truck I ever owned sold now 1977 f150 257.000
By Raymond Steele

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Yes can you believe it I bought my 1977 f 150 at a auction didn't even look at the mileage for 3 weeks was talking to my wife laughing telling her how great my truck was running and said let's see how many miles it has. Wow I said 256.504 miles and every thing works. One for America

Very happy
By joew900

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Over 165,000 miles and going strong.

Best truck I have ever owned.
By Brandon

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 2001 XLT, 2WD, 4.2, 5 speed in 2004. It's now 2017 and this truck still runs like a clock at 190k miles. The only thing I have ever done is change the oil, and air filter, plus other regular maintenance. This truck owes me nothing, and has paid for itself. I did put new plugs in it at around 100k , new ball joints and all tie rod ends in at around 150k. I get 15mpg city, and 19mpg highway. It is starting to look old-school, so, I priced new trucks, but they offer the same fuel mileage. I have decided to keep what I have paid-off years ago, it only costs me fuel and nickel-and-dime maintenance. The engine and 5speed manual tranny sound like they are new still. The headlights are starting to fog over after 16 years, so I'm going to have to spend $38 on a restore kit.
I know that tomorrow I can jump in this truck and drive across the country if I had to, and there would be no issues.

Excellent Truck
By norcalcountry

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am the second owner of my truck.
Bought at 100k miles in 2007 and now has 224k on odometer but closer to 230k miles since I have had over sized tires since purchased.
Only had one problem, the master window switch went out, other than that just basic maintenance items.
Motor and tranny are original (5.4L V8 & 4 Speed Auto).
It's seen a lot of dirt and towing miles and she has performed flawlessly.
It's comfortable to drive for long trips.
If you keep up the basic maintenance, it'll keep you on the road.
Couldn't ask for a better truck!

Comfortable to drive, nice rumble with Magnaflow exhaust, handles great in all weather conditions, bulletproof reliability.

99 F150 4x4 Lariat
By meyeste

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my '99 F150 5.4l used with 48k. I have had it in the shop 2x - bad coil and a bad idler sensor. It now has 130 k miles and I am still pleased. What I like most is that it is comfortable to drive, and drives well. I also like the drive mode selector on the dash, it goes from 4x2 to 4x4 immediately; it's saved me in mid-fish tail a couple of times. Also whether 4x4 low or 4x4 high, when engaged in the front axle is locked in; both wheels are turning all the time, I've seen enough to know GM uses an open front axle by default in 4x4 high; good for driving on wet roads, bad for poor traction situations. I'll get another one when this one needs replacing.

Driving dynamics, 4x4 characteristics, build quality, drive train reliability.

All I could ask for is better mpg's, and it appears the new Ford's deliver on that.