Used 1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used F-150 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Hard truck to kill.

Hybris, 09/13/2010
XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Great truck overall, it may not have the power or ride of the newer truck but in brute reliability this truck has done me well. Its a truck with a 2v 5.4 so good mileage is not a goal to reach for but I can hit 15 mpg if I baby it. In terms of power it still has lots of get up and go and will easily pull my 7900lb car carrier in the hills of Kansas. On maintenance it can be hard to do somethings like change out plugs because of how tight the engine bay is but otherwise its a good way for a beginning DIY person to learn how to work on a truck. The interior is in my experience indestructible save for the cloth seats which are a wear item anyway. I will never have a truck without Vinyl floors.

Good truck

Dan, 10/31/2010
Work 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck for cheap a little over 2 years ago, knowing it needed a rear end. I had that done, then the auto trans went out! It seems the previous owner had seriously abused the truck by pulling overweight trailers (10,000+ pounds!) for long distances. Recently, the V6 engine's intake manifold gasket leaked, allowing a cylinder to fill with coolant. When I tried to start it the next time, it hydro-locked and bent the rod. The engine's being rebuilt. This truck has over 260,000 miles on it, and it was abused by the previous owner for many of those miles. Considering what I paid for it, and it's now basically a completely new drivetrain, I feel like I got a decent deal.

Great Truck

mikeD, 05/24/2003
XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Love this Ford. Dependable. Great ride. Acceptable fuel rating.

Best new vehicle I've ever purchased

Lariat54, 04/16/2002
Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

There have been no major mechanical problems with this truck, only regularly scheduled maintenance required. So far it shows no signs of the door crack problems associated with these early models of the redesigned Ford F-150. Also no signs of the piston slap problems associated with these trucks.

F150XL

Skinem, 03/27/2002
XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Good solid truck. Only 3 complaints with it thus far: VERY slow acceleration with the V6; typical Ford "phantom" wipers (electrical short in wiper stalk) and finally, poor gas mileage, but that's what you get with a little engine pulling around a large vehicle. Good all-around useful truck--very varsatile. Good daily friver and good work truck.