2018 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Exhaust/CO2 leaks still not fixed!
By TE

2018 Ford Explorer Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased my 2018 Explorer Sport with Ecoboost June 2018. Several weeks later I began having headaches, dizziness and tiredness. After a long trip I had to pull over several times due to nausea and feeling like I had to vomit. After missing 3 days of work and taking several pregnancy tests (all negative), I thought I had the flu. I then began smelling a “rotten egg smell” during and after hard acceleration. All this only 3 months of driving the vehicle. I looked up “rotten egg smell on acceleration Ford Explorer” to diagnose what I could be smelling to see if it was an issue that I should bring to Fords attention, and I was appalled of the articles that popped up. The smell I was smelling was exhaust leaking into the cabin and was the reason I had been feeling sick. Ford had been receiving complaints about this since 2011 models and was refusing to recall these vehicles and continued to produce and sell them. Ford is refusing to admit there is a problem. The deny all claims and told me that because my vehicle was a 2018 it wasn’t affected by this, although they allowed it to go on from 2011-2017, and admitted to smelling the “rotten egg smell” however claimed my vehicle was safe and the smell was “normal”. They refuse to perform the inspection on my vehicle which would determine if CO2 and other hatful exhaust fumes are leaking into the cabin and I am terrified to drive the car and refuse to allow my family to do so. Ford should be ashamed and I am furious I didn’t do better research before purchasing from Ford, because thousands of complaints over the last 8 years prove their neglect.

bad
By brian

2018 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Trans mission constantly down shifting on slightest incline .. Seat is not wide enough feels like your falling off one side not like my 2008 Merc Mountaineer . door sill is way to high making it difficult to swing you feet out of vehicle. Cabin is to cramped for long drives . shifting devise needs to be put back where it belongs on the steering column. Gas mileage is nowhere close to what is stated and told by salesman

Very satisfied, but early days.
By Peter Soderberg

2018 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Too early to tell.

Loving my ride.
By Cliff

2018 Ford Explorer Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The 3.5 non EcoBoost engine is thirsty didn't do my homework on MPG? But it's a smoooth! Rider.

remote start climate control
By Al Hayden

2018 Ford Explorer 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

air conditioning does not function well with remote start, fan barely comes on no matter what you set it on (last setting or automatic) I've spent hours playing with it in 100 degree weather, I took it back to dealer today and they said all of their explorers are not functioning well with remote start air condition. This 2018 explorer is one week old and is back in dealers service area waiting for Ford factory tech people to try to find a solution. Air condition works well, but not when using remote start (why else would you use remote start).