2018 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

After 11 Beemers, a Ford
By Billy Scholtz

2018 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 11 BMW's and 2 3 stars, I thought to give an American car a try. My friends recommended the explorer. What a total surprise. I simply love it. Wish I had bought one years ago... Mine is 2018 XLT.

Explorer Platinum Explodes with a Wealth of Luxury
By Kim

2018 Ford Explorer Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The Explorer Platinum is the way to go! We looked at the other Explorer models and until we got done building them with the options we wanted it was coming in the same price as the Platinum. So we took the plunge and are we VERY pleased with this SUV! I can't tell you how wonderful she handles and every bell and whistle you could ever imagine is included in this model. If you want to spoil yourself rotten............fall in love with the 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum! We did and we are totally ecstatic!!!

Disapointed
By Howard

2018 Ford Explorer Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Very difficult to get in and out of especially if you are tall or big. I liked all the bells and whistles and was very disappointed that I could not get in and out of the front seat.

How to buy any new car... at the best price
By Justin watts

2018 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford Explorer is a Great SUV... it’s very nimble. The dash is a bit deep but you get used to it. Makes the interior spacious for front seat and passenger. I want to share my car buying formula to get the best deal..... whatever MSRP price the dealer gives you.. take that number and deduct 15% to 20% off the price and INCLUDE the tax and license and that will be the best rock bottom price for any car you buy and shop as many dealers as you can.... this is my opinion but it has worked for me. I bought my 2018 Ford Explorer XLT with aftermarket leather added and had 20 inch wheels installed as part of sports appearance package. My out the door price was $41,700. Not too bad!

Love the car - a few features need redesigned!
By ds

2018 Ford Explorer Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We love the Explorer. It rides well and handles well. The entertainment system and safety features are good. Down side is design of cup holders. Too small and the ones on the side of the front seat doors don't fit anything but a bottle and the way the angle is you really cannot use them. Car looks great.