Used 2011 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Explorer for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

More modern, versatile explorer

xeon, 04/01/2011
XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Explorer is now a tech lovers car, I find more things in it than all of the others combined. The ride quality is comfortable and you really don't feel like you are driving a big vehicle. I've always driven toyota/honda my life and this is the first time with Ford (or any American)Was in the market for a larger SUV. Wanted to check out Edge because I liked ints interior. After looking, we were talking about how cool it would be to have a car like toyota highlander with the interior of ford edge. Funny we found explorer the next day, its exactly that!

Buyer Beware, many problems

layhe, 10/08/2011
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We picked up our 2011 Ford Explorer Limited about 3 months ago. I have never owned a vehicle with this many problems. It is in the dealer service department more often then it is at home. It is in my opinion a nice looking vehicle but that is the only thing it has going for it. We have had issues with the sync system, most of the features will quit working at some time. The radio will come on and off, the rain sensing wipers will turn on and off for no reason. The cruise control speeds up and slows down. The windshield has been replaced and the side mouldings twice now because of a whistling noise and the problem persists. The front axle seals have been replaced because they leaked.

Explorer

patrick66, 02/05/2013
XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 Explorer must have the worst electronics of any vehicle in history. I bought mine in April 2011. After a few weeks, the audio system was a mess. The speakers would cut out intermittently. It eventually got to the point that there was almost no sound on the left side. After a spending nearly a year of regular visits to the dealer, Ford finally replaced the wiring on the left side of the vehicle. but now the left side has muffled sound, and there is an occasional humming sound in the speakers on the right side. Now the dealer refuses to deal with the problem, and customer service at Ford says there is nothing they can do. Last Ford for me.

Problems 2011 Ford Explorer

neslerspecial, 04/16/2015
XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First the computer display screen had to be replaced when we first got car because it was not working. Next car was randomly having dead battery issues, as something was drawing from the battery and running. Took to dealership and they said there was an APIM recall and fixed it. It happen 2 weeks later again. Then they said it was a gear shift issue where it kept recognizing it was in park. Was not a recall or a Ford issue so cost $500 to repair. Had a recall on the doors as well. I find it odd that the same battery issued happened 4 times and this time they said it was due to the gear shift problem.

2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD

Anthony Giordano, 11/01/2015
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Reliable, comfortable, great in snow and still looks like new after 5 years of daily use.

12345...15