Used 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Explorer Sport Trac for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

25+ years in auto buisness

wyomack, 06/12/2008
XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought three of these, based off the old Ranger platform they have been very reliable and sturdy, after putting Michelin tires on they get better mileage and ride tremendously better. The rear seating arangement is better than all the other 4dr pickup sut's, comfortable for 4 people with thier junk as well, always stable and very well mannered on the road. It is not a sports car or hot rod--buy a Lightning or a 2008 v-8 Sport Trac, gets good mileage. Always over 20 hwy and very capable even 2wd in snow and ice, also is a flex fuel vehicle and easy to maintain for the owner. Best SUV buy out there

A Great In-Town Truck

Scott, 07/03/2010
XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did all the research and test drove everything. I'm on the road a lot with my truck for work. I wanted something that was comfortable enough to work in all day, but still have a truck that could carry garbage, branches and all the stuff associated with owning a home. This truck has been everything that I imagined. If you think that this is a full sized truck, you're wrong. If you want a full sized truck, go by one. But, if you want a great compact truck that is luxurious, eye catching and handles small truck jobs this is your unit.

Safe to drive ...

fraff2, 07/02/2009
XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 5 years, but it was just totaled. I believe the side airbags prevented injury to driver as truck was rolled on it's side. Truck was totaled and wheel even came off ! Driver walked away with minor scratches. Sorry to see truck go to salvage, I really liked it ! Drives like a truck that it is. I believe newer 2007+ models drive better (revamped, newer platform ?).

totally useful and reliable

jward, 08/13/2005
XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehilcle has been trouble free and is the most useful vehicle I have had, considering I have owned over 35 automobiles. It fits the need of the do it your self lifestyle and is totally trouble free. Just gas and go. I have experienced over 23 mpg on highway driving at posted speeds +/- 5 mph.

Ford has a winner in the Sport Trac

Mangy, 06/06/2005
XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think the Sport Trac is the best SUT on the market today. It is a perfect combination of room, towing capability, style and versatility. Four adults can very comfortably take a long trip in this truck (has seating for 5). It is a great truck for the average homeowner who has occasional hauling needs but doesn't need or want a full size truck.

12345...13