2016 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

A DO IT ALL FULL SIZE SUV
By mickey kirk

2016 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

New 2016 Ford Expedition XLT. Purchased Sept. 2016. Make no mistake this vehicle is a truck that rides like a car. Great for hauling kids and dog. Plenty of room for long trips. Tows my ATV trailer great. Ride quality and fuel mileage were better than I expected. 18 mpg around town/ stop and go driving. Buy good floor mats and seat covers. I have cloth seats in mine and with kids and dog it's worth the $. I wanted leather but could not justify the extra $5,000. cost.

First expidition
By Robert

2016 Ford Expedition SUV EL King Ranch 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded our 2013 f150 king ranch crew cab 4x4 for this king ranch expedition 4x4. Drivetrain is same ecoboost but added a 3.73 rear gear set. This puppy is heavier and still gets better mpg than the truck. We are averaging now after 5800 miles 17.3 mpg this is Texas true highway speeds in excess of 75 ,mph. Ride is fantastic. Lots of room for our two medium large dogs. Who really like rear AC. I rode in rear bucket seats once so far, but they are comfy. Rear third row my brother in law who is an above average in build ,found them very comfortable. My only complaint to date is the green lamp on dash that tells you the headlights are on.its not Bright, but is distracting on dark night driving.

You need more than independent rear suspension....
By SUV Buyer

2016 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

As stated in the title, the IRS is the only feature that beats the competition. The Expedition lags far behind on both exterior and interior design, the latter is horrendous. It's a sea of plastic and cheap materials. Personally I ended up buying a Yukon Denali with the 6.2L motor. Again, other than the IRS, the Denali was light years better than the Expedition in every way. I also drove a rental Expedition that was 1 year old and already falling apart and looking very shabby.

Buy another Brand. Ford having issues all models
By NLYONS

2016 Ford Expedition SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased second Expedition.(first one was 2010 and went 250,000 miles AFTER spending first two months in shop with repairs at Casco Bay Ford, Yarmouth maine) . This one a 2016 Platinum sticker price about $74,000. +/- YUP... less than 6000 miles on it on a trip to FL from Maine, on interstate I-95 southbound, doing about 80mph, passing an 18 wheeler and with an 18 wheeler behind me. I'm in the third lane (left)...it's raining. The engine just decides to shut down....no notice, nothing. The only way I knew it was off was I de-accelerated and by pumping the gas frantically, NOTHING HAPPENED! Luckily, by the Grace of God, I was not too committed to the passing and was able to slid in behind the 18 wheeler and coast to the right hand side of the road where I said a number of prayers. Then called my dealer. We went round and round where he felt I had a sensor that prevented me from getting too close to the vehicle in front of me and we thought the rain might have malfunctioned the sensor. We went through everything and I kept telling him I didn't have that "YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT< iT"S A PLATINUM"..NOPE I didn't have that. SO I took off again....with one sensor thing turned off....whatever. I played it cautiously....and stayed in the right hand lane. I still had like 800 miles to go.... About 150 miles later, the truck did the SAME THING. I was in the right lane this time, coasted off the highway and into the rest area, where I again called the dealer (VARNEY FORD, NEWPORT MAINE) and we went round and round. I told them to come pick up the truck on in the rest area, I was NOT going to die driving it (SOMEONE WILL IF THEY HAVEN"T ALREADY AND INVESTIGATORS UNABLE TO TELL WHAT CAUSED CRASH!) SO.... We convince me to drive to Daytona Ford and have them look it over. Daytona Ford kept it for a day and said they found the problem...LISTEN TO THIS..... UNFILTERED AIR. Yup, that's what they said. BUT I've gone about 8000 miles since and no issues on THAT. (TONS AND TONS OF OTHER ISSUES!!! TONS!!) SO.... now that's done. I have a HUGE LOUD CLANKING when I turn a hard right. (can't find a cause). My windshield trim has fallen off. My rear windows will not open while driving on highway. My sunroof leaked (repaired twice so far). My heated seats smell like they are MELTING....my heater smells like it's burning up. Oh and the best one yet....FORD NAVIGATION SYSTEM. Well second best...the UNFILTERED AIR is the best. The navigation system just decides, like the car itself, to SHUT OFF, randomly...whenever it wants to. Just shut off. Now the 2016 Platinums ALL THE CONTROLS are ON this system. (not sure if same for all models)...ALL. I can't control my volume, my heat, my navigation, nothing. GONE. BLACK. GONE. Dealer cannot find issue..replacing whole system. THe truck has been int he garage the past 2 weeks for a whole slew of little stuff including the navigation system. The sensors are a PAIN IN THE BUTT. The back up sensor is the only one you really need. the side ones just go off randomly going down the road. The light telling me there is a vehicle on my right, flickers when it wants to, i thought it was when I passed trees, but not so, it went off while i was passing a field...no signs, nothing within 1000' of vehicle, so I'm REALLY going to trust that light...NOPE, I'll ignore it. THe beeping sensors are ANNOYING...they just randomly go off, not always when something is coming, never (yet) while driving though...) SO with ALL the SMALL stuff....one that could KILL YOU....OR YOUR LOVED ONES. RUN AWAY FROM FORD. RUN DON'T WALK as I am not sure they will EVER get my truck fixed. If I die, someone look into HOW...if I was in my Expedition...YOU KNOW NOW WHY.

Expo
By maira cloud

2016 Ford Expedition SUV EL XL Fleet 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)