Used 2000 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

290k and never left me on side of road
By TeeTee

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

This SUV has served me over 18 years without ever leaving me stranded! Sensor issues started about 8 years in but didn't affect the operation. Even with severe gasket leak the vehicle still manages to ride smoothly and reliably. Getting ready to retire it because of a/c issues but overall I would love to own this SUV all over again!

Safe to Drive
By Chad

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I have 144,000+ on this Expedition. Because of the weight, I feel safe driving in snow/ice. The AWD is excellent. The leather seats are still in good condition. The safety could be improved with side air bags. The oil pressure when first started during winter time is 20-30 seconds delayed. I corrected this by using less restricted KNN oil filter. I used Castrol synthetic 0/40 motor oil. Also, I do transmission fluid change every 2 years by draining only then load new fluid added with 1 jar of trans-X. Spark plugs and some little things have been updated. I know the gas mileage is bad, but it rewarded me with the safety and comfort.

Horrible SUV..
By Mike

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Constantly having to repair. Ford put this thing together idiotically as to where they put everything making most of it impossible to fix without mechanical skills mostly due to inaccessibility..

Expy
By Michael Gurr

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Solder issue on the speedometer tachometer board causes odometer to go on and off. There’s a diy fix but you have to remove the dash to do it. Check your plugs every 5000 Miles. These 5.4’s like to spit out the spark-plugs.

Love our Expedition !!
By 98 expedition

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

This is a great family vechile ! we have had our expedition for 4 years now at 182,000 miles and its still going strong ! hardly ever has given us any problems since we have had it ! been the most reliable vechile that we have owned ! will continue to drive it an will rebuild it when it is that time ! cant go wrong with a 98 expedition !