Used 1990 Ford Escort Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$771 - $1,822

Used Escort for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
1.88 out of 5 stars

BIG TROUBLE

ann, 02/22/2002
Pony 2dr Hatchback

If you have a choice, don't get Ford vehicle older then 4-5 years - it's all just ONE BIG HEADACKE. Only positive aspect of this car - its fuel economy performance - really good. Repairs, maintenance - you'll spend a fortune. Reliability - NONE!

3.63 out of 5 stars

Great First Car - Except For Repairs

Gmercedesbenz, 07/30/2006
LX 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car, and for $500, I'm not complaining. I bought the car with 77,000 miles on it, and it has now 87000 on it, but not without a few replacements. Alternator, starter, distributor, and some front end work was all the major repairs. But I cant' complain about the 30+ mpg! A little more horsepower would be nice, mostly for passing on the highway. But she still does 75 mph with ease on the freeway. Highly unrecommended for a first car!

3.75 out of 5 stars

Cheap to own.

matt, 09/26/2007
LX 2dr Hatchback

Fairly reliable and easy to work on, parts are getting scarce. Enjoyable to drive and good acceleration with 5- speed and 1.9 liter engine.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Sound Car

Wally, 04/20/2002
LX 2dr Hatchback

I purchased the vehicle used with 106,000 miles, paid $1,000 and have gotten over 40,000 miles out of the car since. I've done only minor repairs myself. I have never gotten less than 25 miles per gallon, even driving in the city. One of the most reliable cars I have ever driven.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Maybe I was lucky?

Jodenco, 04/30/2002
LX 4dr Hatchback

The Escort we owned was a God send. Always reliable. We got rid of it when the light switch wiring developed a short and it would be too much trouble to replace the harness.