2021 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $1,312
Incentive offers available
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Ford Fever

Matthew R, 05/19/2021
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Considered the Honda CRV but chose the redesigned Escape titanium version instead. Liked the stronger 250 hp engine and its traditional transmission versus CVT in the Honda. The tech features (nav, HUD, app, safety) are significantly newer and at 6' tall I seemed to have a bit more leg room in the cockpit. I also really liked the panoramic sunroof option and a bit more comfortable seats. The car seems significantly more refined than the older generation CRV to me and the color and wheel choices appealed more to me. I love the antimatter blue. Negatives: In higher trim levels the Ford appears at least 10% more expensive than the Honda (apples to apples) and it's historical resale value is poorer as well. The Ford's interior is also not real impressive, seat materials even at the highest trim level (titanium elite) are cheap and hard plastics abound. Most upper level configurations end with a black interior, no grays are offered. It's unfortunate you have to order the highest trim level to get digital gauges, LED lights and an electronically dimming rear view mirror; they are not offered individually. Ford links interior choice to wheel selection which is also annoying. All in all I am happy with my choice (so far) and pleased to be driving an American car for the first time in 30 years.

2 out of 5 stars

Escape Headlights need reengineering as they leak

Mike Carey, 04/22/2021
S 4dr SUV (1.5L 3cyl Turbo 8A)

The vehicle is ok. I wanted to buy an economy SUV, and buy American. I was really disappointed when my headlights fogged up in 7 months due to the supposed air flow and Ford said that it is normal and they won’t replace them. My new car now looks years old. Very disappointed with Ford customer service and learned a valuable lesson. Don’t buy this car.

1 out of 5 stars

Want a reliable vehicle, look elsewhere.

Lynn M, 06/22/2021
SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 3cyl Turbo 8A)

I picked up a brand new Ford Escape 2021 on 4/26/21. Two weeks after I picked it up, the check engine light came on and I could no longer drive the car in reverse. I could go forward if I wanted to, but silly me, I thought I was going to have a car that could do both. Took it to the dealership, but by the time they saw the car, the check engine light went out and it could go in reverse so they could not fix what they could not see. Today once again the check engine light came on and once again, the car would not go in reverse. Another trip to the dealer and a wasted five hours (getting a ride home took up the majority of that time) of my time before they determined that a part needed to be over-nighted. So here I sit at home waiting for an overnight part delivery. I do not have a vehicle to get to work tomorrow and who knows when I will have transportation again. I do, however, have a really nice lease payment to make, so there is that. Don't buy a Ford because getting in touch with them to file a complaint is not easy. Thank God this is a two year lease. I will find another brand the next time to lease.

ad labelAd
Build Your Escape
At a Glance:
  • 10 Colors
  • 5 Trims
  • $24,885starting MSRP

Great suv; love it!

CAS, 05/26/2021
SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 3cyl Turbo 8A)

Love this suv, very easy to drive and love all the upgrades! Saving money on gas as well! My sis bought the same suv, we both agree loving the Ford Escape! My son has an older model and loves it as well! The price was right with the help of edmunds advise.

Love it!

MMW, 06/05/2021
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Getting great gas mileage and love all the safety features....the insurance company does as well!!