Used 2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge

Big Disappointment

Mike R., 10/16/2010

I traded in my 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD for a 2011 with the same trim and options. I was so impressed with the quality, performance and reliability of my 2008 that I was drawn back to the Ford Edge when it was time for a new vehicle. So far it has been nothing but regret! My 2011 has much more road noise, loud clunking in right front suspension, worse gas mileage, less power (despite 20 hp increase over 2008), back-up camera that only works 50% of the time and touch screen that goes blank for no apparent reason. I could go on but limited to only 700 characters here. I only have 1500 miles on this vehicle and already have laundry list for service department when I have time to take in.

BLOWN ENGINE :(

Donna Z THomas, 02/24/2015
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2011 Ford Edge with a bad water pump that blew up and ruined the engine at 91,000 miles. Light came on, car jerked, pulled over and towed to Ford Dealer. Blown water pump caused engine oil and antifreeze to mix and destroy the engine. Now the car dealer needs $5000 to replace with a rebuilt engine. Took a check for car, not going to purchase another Ford at this time.

Ford Edge - 5 Year Life Span

Michele Bond, 02/02/2016
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have (had) a 2011 Ford Edge Limited and maintained it according to service manual guidelines. I was out running errands on a Saturday and it quit moving. I had to get it towed to the auto repair shop and learned that it needs a new engine!!! Hello. That is a $7-8K repair for a car that is only 5 years old. Ford customer service was of little or no help other than to say that the car needs to be at a Ford dealership. Not happening...the car won't move and I would need to have it towed again. I suggested a 3-way call between me, Ford customer service, and the car repair shop, which was not possible. Did I like the Ford Edge? Yes...loved it up until 3 days ago when it stopped working and needed a new engine. Definitely not reliable and not recommended. And, Ford is little or no help. I don't think that it is acceptable for a car manufactured in this day and age to only run for 5 years and then require an engine replacement.

Those nice Chrome 19" Wheel Covers

rcestare, 02/05/2015
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When you purchase an Edge or other Ford product, make sure you ask what the various parts are made of. My "Chrome Clad" wheels are actually Chrome "Foil" bonded to plastic. Who hasn't hit a pothole or scraped a curb when parking... if you do you cannot simply buy a replacement "hub cap" ... you have to buy the entire wheel at a cost well above $800 per wheel!!!!! When I wrote to Ford Executives about the matter ... they simply said "buyer beware"... Fool me once shame on you. I will NEVER buy a Ford again. I feel lied to and can't help but wonder what else is plastic that we think is metal?????? In general the car is a piece of Crap! I dumped it when the cost of repair of the "well known" differential "problems" were well over $5000 at 50,000 miles ... again ... a piece of crap and Ford public relations doesn't care about customers.

Good performance, but QUIRKY and has issues

stxedge, 02/21/2013

Happy with vehicle's performance, comfort, and styling. SYNC and MyFordTouch are quirky and are hit or miss whether or not they'll work correctly any given day. I've had to get tips of forums on how to get the system working correctly again and have even had to do some hard resets. Annoying, but not worrisome. What is disconcerting, though, is the recurring smoke producing transmission leak from the PTU (power transfer unit) that is well documented in numerous online forums. I've been fighting that one with the dealer for the better part of a year and a half and only have 27K miles on it.