Used 2009 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Edge for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

I love my Edge!

Pam, 12/23/2015
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Edge used with 38,000 miles on it in 2012. It now has 116,600 miles on it, has been cross-country 7 times, up and down mountains, through blinding rain storms, and it has never failed me yet. The only repair we've had to do so far was to replace the windshield washer jets ($20 DIY) and replace the cabin air filter. (When you think the AC isn't working, check the filter.) It's even pulled a fully-loaded 6 x 12 trailer more than 5000 miles with no problem. I won't be replacing it until it just won't run anymore. *Update* We've now had the car 6 years, it's been on another 6,000 mile trip, and we finally had to replace the brake pads (at 147,000 miles). It still runs like a dream. Other than the fact that we are still waiting for the air bags to be available for replacement, I have zero complaints about the Edge. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if we could afford to. New Update: July 2021. We've had our Edge now for 9 years and it has 180,000 miles on it. It still has never been in the shop for anything other than regular maintenance. It still looks almost new. Paint has never faded or chipped, no pieces have fallen off. I will continue to drive it until it dies--or I do.

Nice Car!

Ralph, 06/29/2009
SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I grew up with Ford trucks and station wagons. I currently own a 1997 F350 crew cab. The Edge is a totally new experience for me and my family. I can't get my wife out of the car, she's always on the road! My kids who normally think that their parents are "old" love it! Their computer Geek friends love SNYC and the other features. We love the ride.

great car

vipkat, 04/06/2012
SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

bought new in 09 and have not had 1 issue and has 40k now, getting 21 or 22 mpg which is ok but not great, love the ride, brakes, and interior , major step up from my jeep that rode like a tractor, was loud and got 15 mpg, suprised other report so many issues with reliability

PRETTY NICE

KENNETH BISHOP, 07/15/2009
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Upgraded from 2000 Windstar.Love the car,love the vista roof and awesome audiofile stereo system,very fun to drive.sharp looking vehicle.Plenty of get up and go.

Not a 10 anymore!

On the Edge, 01/31/2010
SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Edge because I wanted the styling, the dual roof and a Ford. But within the first year, the dual roof broke twice, the car stalled twice until it was determined it needed a new part. It is sluggish up a hill and slipped from being a 10 to a 5 in my recent opinion. All my friends know the problems I have had and have purchased other SUVs. No one I know will buy an Edge. I think I have a lemon and don't find my review reflective of all Edge's. But my lemon is getting more sour in it's second year. The roof is stuck again.

12345...8