Used 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

Fanatastic
By Lorraine

2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I work for visiting nurses and am on the go.This car is fantastic! I am averaging 58 MPH. The stereo is super! The car handles well and is very safe. I love the navigation and bluetooth works so well as Ioften need to speak on the road its perfect. I had a Lincoln before so I cannot really compare comfort as my Lincoln was the best but as a lefty I like the location of the buttons and its not bad for comfort .Visibility excellent. Feels much bigger inside due to panoramic glass roof and rent windows. This car was perfect choice for me.

Mommas Ride
By Pam DeHetre

2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. Really easy to get in and out of. Don’t hit my head on the door frame like some other cars.

Surprising Ride
By Robert Parker

2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Hybrid, and I love it. And of course, now Ford is going to drop it!! It has great handling, mileage, & acceleration, even on the Interstate. I buy gas about once a month or two, since most of my driving is in-town. The interior is surprisingly spacious. My friend, 6'3" tall, has much more room in the front and back seats than he has in his Prius. Over-all, the car is fantastic, and Ford is making a big mistake by dropping it.

To update: after 21/2 years, I still love this car. It only needs gas every other month, it has enough power for city and freeway, and it still looks good. Ford, you are making a mistake in dropping this car!!!

Reliable and fun to drive
By Stephen Chapes

2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned my 2015 C-Max hybrid for just over a year and have put over 20,000 miles on it. I've averaged 38-39 in the city and 34 on the highway. Most of my 20K miles have been on the interstate at 75 MPG. The car can go faster and can get the highway patrol's attention if you're not careful. My city driving is a shorter commute and I've found that if I do lots more city driving in the city the milage is closer to the promised 42; sometimes better. This car does very well, MPG wise on driving 45-65 MPG and I've gotten Prius-like MPG figures. 45-65 MPH is it's wheelhouse. The car is comfortable, and I like that it sits higher with good visibility. It is quiter than my previous 2007 Mazda 3 or my 2001 Grand Caravan. Controls are easily accessible and I like the vehicle health report that can give you an update on oil (synthetic) life. The car uses regular gas. I don't like that it does not have a spare tire or donut but it comes with a repair kit but I've not had a flat tire on any car in over two decades (knock-on-wood!). The instrumentation also helps you maximize the car's potential and you will get better than average MPG if you don't drive like a race-car driver.

Thrilled with my C-Max hybrid!
By Q Suzi

2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great transition car from a regular combustion engine to a hybrid car. Drives pretty much like any other car. Looks smaller from the outside but once you sit in it you'll find it very roomy with higher grade interior accents. Several charging plugs for phones or laptops. I do mostly non-highway driving and regularly get 50+ MPG. With highway miles (or the AC on) I commonly get 42-45 MPG. Smooth ride and pretty quiet as well. I am crazy about this car!

UPDATE- I’ve owned my C-Max now for about 7 months. I still love this car. Still befuddled why I don’t see more of them on the highway. I’ve had no problems with it if any kind. Gas mileage is constant (still) at 50+ mpg with ac off and maybe 42-45 with ac on. I have found a couple of tiny design flaws I wish I could correct- the bar to adjust the seat up and back is too recessed under the seat and I have to really lean down to be able to reach it. Turning on the climate control is easy and it works quite well , car warms up rapidly, but turning off the climate control often requires taking your eyes off the road and looking for the smallish “off” button. Also would like an interior button to open the tail gate.
Still....all very minor points for a great car. I don’t miss any of my previous vehicles!