Used 2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Consumer Reviews

Abarth 1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (19 reviews )

Best of 20 new cars I've bought
By David

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's like driving in a Grand Prix, just going to the store! And I've owned Dodge Vipers, Corvettes, AC Cobras, Honda S2000's, Mazda Miatas, GM Kappa convertibles. As they say, it's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. And it's not slow round corners. I have the optional forged wheels with summer tires. Handling is unbelievable. I can stay with anything on a country road. Sound is unbelievable. It comes from the factory with no muffler! Visibility is great. Sunroof is roomy and far enough forward that you can see the sky. Plenty of power. It goes 131 mph and I can substantiate that! Roomy, huge storage with the rear seats folded down. I have the optional leather interior and it rivals premium luxury cars. Bright, airy, a really great place to spend time. I've owned the car five years and had zero service issues. Highly recommended. Recently added K and N cold air intake, Madness 500 ECU module, and Magnaflow exhaust. Probably added 40 hp. It flies now.

Best FUN subcompact money can buy!
By Catie

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If one of your priorities is a FUN car to drive back and forth to work, than this is the best car for your money hands down! I have over 90k miles on my car now and the only repair has been normal ... oil replacements, tires, & brakes. I even still have the original clutch. The car has never left me stranded and still gets 38mpg. Do yourself a favor and get the Abarth version though as it has much more power and really sounds great too.

Great car with a catch..
By TheNonstopHero

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I admit, I'm pretty blinded by how much I love my Abarth and it's a car that I would definitely recommend to anyone thinking about one. They're super fun to drive, full of character, have great aftermarket support and turn plenty of heads. Mine has 34k miles with a few engine modifications and has been dead reliable. It's a little short on space and has a lot of cheap plastic on the inside (as to be expected from a car with subcompact economy car bones) though this never bothered me as I understood what I was buying. The big catch is that these are not a spectacular deal brand new with the price tag, however the depreciation makes these a stellar bargain with clean, low mileage examples with leftover factory warranty selling sometimes $10k less than new. If this is a unit you plan on keeping for years to come, then go for it. If this is a car you plan turn around and sell a year after your purchase be ready to take a tremendous hit due to depreciation.

Beware, Fiat is unreliable (2013 Fiat Abarth)
By p.f.sorensen

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I drove this car for 2 years and there is a problem with the rear axle. it is impossible to align the rear tires and the rear tires need to be replaced frequently due to wear. i replaced the tires at 20K miles and at 32K miles in spite of rotating the wheels.
Fiat provided shims to try to correct the problem but the problem got worse after the shims were installed.
I started to have a problem with the shifting. It was a manual transmission and it became very hard to shift. i traded it for a 2015 mini cooper s and i just love the mini. it handles so much better than the fiat, it's much more stable. the Fiat swayed on uneven pavement. The acceleration on the Fiat is poor. the mini is so much more responsive and energetic.
The Fiat mechanics were nice young guys but they seemed in way over their heads and clueless.

Piece of crap car!
By leah

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Horrible car!! DO NOT BUY!!
i have 22K miles on it and my turbo stopped working, in addition both my windows motors broke.
Worst car ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!