Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Used but nice
By Michael Austin

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

RWD dually. 6.7 L Cummins automatic. Comfortable, good fuel Econ.

I think I got a lemon.
By Steve Spragens

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I replaced ball joints every 30k. Finally (at 90k) used aftermarket with offset to get the alignment right, but the dealer wouldn't grease them, so replaced them twice again. Had an exhaust leak in the cab that they never could fix after repeated visits. Also very hard on tires. Fronts wore quickly, rears had to keep well below recommended pressure, probably because I often had no load. I used it mostly for trailer towing. At that it excels! Many little problems. We have a 2005 that has had VERY few problems with almost 300,000 mi. I sold this truck with 150,000 miles on it, and the new owner replaced the automatic transmission. I'm not sure it was necessary, but it kept going into limp mode (wouldn't shift out of 4th gear. Could have been a simpler fix I think, but they talked him into a new one.

former ford guy
By rk

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I traded in a 2000 ford with the 7.3 diesel. It was chipped and had after market exaust, intake and after market 4r100 trans. This is my 2nd Dodge (had a 72 PW) So far I'm liking this truck, the ford was much faster from 0 to 60 but the 6.7 Cummins has better low end torque and pure pulling power. It handles a 14,600 pound 38 ft toy hauler very well(in the mountains of Oregon). The 6 speed manual allows me to keep it in the power band on hills without much effort. The milage is not great yet but I am hoping for improvment (14.5-16) empty and 10-12 pulling. The over all build quality isn't what the ford was, only time will tell if it all holds up.

The 6.7 teamed with the 6 speed manual. The rugged good looks and the exaust brake

Ecm software that does'nt block after market tuners. The infinity sound system is not what I expected and the interior needs some upgrading(big time)

nice truck
By bg

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 ST 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Have had my new truck for 2.5 months and have 4800 miles on it. I use it for work and tow a 21 foot toy hauler loaded that weighs roughly 9000lbs total. Have 6 spd manual and it works particularly well since I drive over the high sierra mostly. Fuel mileage on my most recent long trip (3000 miles) averaged 10.5 for the duration. That was through Northern Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. Worked great love the power. Yesterday hauled firewood with a 7000lb dump trailer in snow and decomposed granite. Use low range which shifted in beautifully and having the exhaust brake is a big plus. I enjoy driving the truk itself really like Uconnect and the general feel.

exhaust brake, built in sattelite radio, manual shift and of course the Cummins

built in brake controller should come standard with running boards.

Good Drive
By Alaska Drifter

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have just purchased this vehicle and I am very satisfied so far. I have a 2900 lb truck camper loaded in it and power wise it has no issues. The camper does cause it to sway a little but with air bag add-ons I don't think that it will have any trouble. The mileage with the camper is about 11 but I figure that since there is only 1000 miles on this truck it should get a lot better.

The power is awesome, great shifting transmission.

A few more cup holders and places to store things in the cab would make it a little nicer but that is probably just personal preference. Great rig!