Used 2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Intrepid for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

2001 Intrepid se

robert jones, 09/21/2002

45 000 miles, 90 % on the highway and never a mechanical problem. It's been a drean to drive and is a great highway cruiser.

01 Intrepid SE

Hendersnb, 11/05/2002

Good to look at, dog to drive. The 2.7L V-6 allows for no passing or merging. The dealer won't tell you that these cars are the easiest to steal. all you need is a flathead screwdriver. If you buy an intrepid, buy lowjack to go with it.

Sleek, stylish, big can be cool, too

emurray, 10/03/2002

After bringing it home, discovered auto tranny leak from hose fitting. Repaired under warranty at selling dealer - bad experience. Am now having fun driving to work, hauling the family around and on road trips. The factory stereo in the ES is pretty close to all you'll ever need. Not happy with the stingy amount of leather - trimmed seats. Trunk space is unparalleled for a full-size. Replace air filter and muffler/resonator and you'll have loads of HP!

Roomy, good looks and pep

Skyflyin, 08/18/2003

I have had this car about 9 months now and enjoy it very much. It is very roomy with a extremely large trunk, drives well and gets good gas milage (I have averaged 26 mpg). The car tends to overstear a bit and the road noise is quite loud on rougher roads, but the excellent handling and peppy engine make this a fun car to drive. I agree that the low front end makes it harder to judge distance while parking, but I have not had a problem getting in and out of the car (I'm 6'1") as some others have said. Overall this is a good car and the price is reasonable. I would not hesitate to get another one.

Intrepids are underrated

Intrepid22102, 09/04/2003

I can see why Consumer Reports made the car a Best Buy, but I don't understand why they don't get more respect from consumers. Roomy, comfortable, handsome, and accelerates and handles surprisingy well for a large car. Climate control is nice and it has a Great stereo, too! Not a Bimmer, but they cost 40 percent less. Very good "bang for the buck!"

GM sounds really good.....

stacy29, 07/21/2003

Started out as a great car with 24k. I now have to replace the rack and pinion, sway bar links, and struts. I have excessive tire wear on the front passenger side. Quote from dealership for the rack is $1200. This is, by far, the worst car I have ever owned. I come from a Dodge family, Chrysler would have to do a serious overhaul of it's engineering dept. before I buy another.

GOOFY

Lou Costello, 08/21/2003

Roomy, fun to drive and reliable.

Buy it if you can...

caz, 12/05/2004

I chose to buy a mid-range top of the line vehicle. You may ask, "why top of the line?" Quite simply, they are built better and with higher quality parts. My 2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T is very comfortable, sound, and reliable. Of course, I keep the vehicle maintenence and I plan on driving the vehicle through 200,000 miles. Outstanding gas mileage - 26 MPG. Very roomy - plenty of leg room

Good Car

rjack, 10/12/2003

My R/T drives very well when I don't have any of these problem. The problem that I had is the entire exhaust was replaced due to a buzz noise in one of the muffler. My passenger side door has been squeaking from the start, the booster (power brake was replaced), my car is alway pulling to the right & all of my windows make noise when rolling the windows upward of down. If the dealer can fix these problems it would be a perfect car.

Great car

mgriffith, 10/24/2003

I bought that car in January 2001 with only 24k miles and I am now approaching 85k miles. The only thing I have done to the car is a new set of tires, and regular oil changes along the way. THIS IS A GREAT CAR. I have added an oil air filter to the car which has increased the gas mileage by +15%. I am getting about 30 miles/gallon. The ride is nice, the road noise is fine (as far as I'm concerned) I will be looking to get another one when I replace this one.

12345...10