Used 2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Intrepid for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

2001 Dodge Intrepid- SE 2.7 Engine

Shawna, 05/28/2010

This vehicle has been the most reliable car I've had. My car is a garage baby at work and home. I purchased this car at 82,000. It now has 152,000. I have people coming up to me often wanting me to notify them if I decided to sell my car. So far, I've had front alignment work, (2) wheel bearings, intake manifold and the serpentine belt replaced. I just got that all done this year. I get regular oil changes every 3000 miles and a tune-up every year. The only other complaint is that I have an oil leak but I do keep a close eye to make sure there is enough oil. I had a Saturn that died at 148,000 miles before I got this vehicle which was crap. I think my next car will definitely be a Dodge.

2001 Intrepid R/T Motorsports

rg, 12/19/2002

The R/T is the top of the intrepid line & it performs like it. The Motorsports edition is very rare & was only made in 2001 to celebrate the return of Dodge to NASCAR. There were only 383 of these cars made. I love the looks of this car & its extremely roomy.

The only car I'll buy now!

alimay23, 03/19/2011

Absolutely love it! I bought it three years ago and now it has over 200,000 miles on it. Still runs like it was brand new. I haven't had any problems with the engine. Everything is original. It sat for over a year due to having no license and the only thing that had to be replaced was the battery. I have heard that if you don't look for a specialist of this type of car you are dooming yourself. I live in the very bad wintering midwest. It runs awesome in the snow. I have driven on ice covered and completely snow covered rodes. Of all the many cars I've had this is my favorite!!!!!

The Best Car I've Ever Owned

miss_m, 12/27/2010

I went to Dodge to get a new-used car as a Christmas present for myself and after not getting approved for a couple of cars that I was looking at, they had approved me for the 2001 Dodge Intrepid with only 75K miles and a 2-yr warranty. At first, I was not interested. Boy, am I glad that I took a second look at it the next day! After all, I was tired of driving my 1996 Pontiac Bonneville with no heat or air conditioning. With living in the desert, a/c and heat is a must! Besides, after putting about $1,300 worth of new parts and labor into the car, I was tired of dealing with my Bonneville. I'm so happy to be a new owner of my '01 Dodge Intrepid!

A ONE TON PAPERWEIGHT

LAURA, 01/18/2010

Purchased in 2002. A pretty good car. The only work it needed was routine maintenance like oil changes, tires etc. I've taken great care with it. The other day it stalled out on me and I had it towed to repair shop. Turns out the water pump failed allowing antifreeze to mix with the motor oil which fried all the bearings. I only had 79000 miles on it. I'm blown away that such inferior garbage such as this 2.7L engine can do this and is actually what you can expect to happen. I have an extended warranty but it may not cover the expense of a new motor since the warranty won't exceed the value of the car itself. I'll never ever buy Dodge or Chryseler again!

Best Car I have Ever Had

blndbrm727, 10/22/2008

I bought my Intrepid ES new in January of 2001. It now has 143,000 miles on it and have had to put only $1,000 into it -about a month ago. I love my Intrepid and wish they still made them! Would buy another one in 1/2 a heartbeat! Mine still has a good 30K- 40K miles left in it. My original goal was to get 150K miles. My secret has been this: Firestone! I purchased the lifetime tire rotation and lifetime alignment along with their tire protection plan. About $500. Each time oil is changed - tires rotated and aligned. Firestone is great about letting you know what maintenance is due when!

recommended!

dem440c, 12/18/2002

We bought this car for my wife to drive, and after nearly two years, she will still gush about how much she loves this car. This is coming from a woman who is very particular, so that is no small feat. The Intrepid is roomy, comfortable, and reliable with good looks, power, handling, versatility, and economy. It is not a sports car, but it is very competent in the city and on the highway, offering the stability of a large car with the nimble and quick characteristics of something much smaller. After almost 30,000 miles, I have done nothing but change the oil and put gas in it.

My love Intrepid

ctlee/Choon-Taek Lee, 12/20/2002

I bought this car nine month ago when I came to USA. At a first look, I was fascinated by its beautiful style. On the test drive, this car showed me smooth and powerful ride. Still I keep this feeling. During the highway drive, it shows tis real value. Smooth, good performance in uphill satisfied me. No repair cost at all except regular maintenance fee.

Bad Motor

Joe, 06/26/2008

Well the car broke in the middle of the highway and It didn't turn on again so call a tow truck ($80) to take it to the mechanic just to check it ($60)/ He told me that the oil pump went bad and it basically burned the motor so he told me that he can get me an used one for $1500 or a new one for $3000 and he also told me that those cars are very bad cars to get rid of it and I will as soon as I get more money.

Great car!

dpoyner, 04/10/2002

I love this car. The power of the R/T is great! There is some road noise, but it is easily drowned out by the radio! Lots of room, huge trunk, and a great ride. Very comfortable leather seats.

12345...10