Used 1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Used Durango for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

All around great suv

myrango, 07/25/2013
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had my durango now for 5 years. Let me tell you this has been the best suv I've ever owned. Its realible and tough. It is just what i needed. I've driven it to Florida and back to Louisiana 4 times, with no problems!! Outside of regular maintenance its been no problem. My 1999 durango owes me nothing. I would recommend this suv for anyone. Plenty of power(5.9 liter engine). The gas milage could be better but seriously I have no complaints. 3rd row seat provides more than enough room for friends and family. 4X4, nice ruged but stylish look and bold body style.. A great suv for camping or travel. A 5* hands down.

I love this truck!

bigrob54, 08/19/2012
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 99 Durango last fall. I purchased the vehical with the intent on making it into a mud bogger. I bought the truck from a retired couple that bought it new. They gave me all the recipts and a maintenace log. The truck only had 82000 miles on it! Over the winter I was in a accident with my everyday driver (2010 Silverado) The truck was totaled. I started to use the Durango as an everyday driver. I have NEVER owned a truck that did so well in the snow. I live in Northern Michigan. We get alot of snow! This Durango slices thru the snow at ease. I only had to use the 4 WD 3-4 times. I have since decieded not to turn this truck into a bogger. It's just in too good of shape. Great Truck!

1999 Dodge Durango

fcardenas88, 09/03/2011
SLT 4dr SUV

My mom bought this car new out of the lot back in 1999. She passed on to me with 100,000K when I graduated from high school. Car ran great but gas millage was horrible. The only thing I did not like about this car is that when you would drive it it was very heavy to drive and not smooth. It now has 192,000K and it still has the original tranmission and engine. Ive taken this car to Canada, Mexico and North Carolina and it did great and til this day it still runs great and looks good new too.

Old reliable

Josh eckel, 06/21/2018
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Gas mileage is well ify it's a v8 keep your foot off the gas u will see14 mpg in city 19 on hwy don't and u can watch the needle drop. Make sure every 15000 miles u drop the trany pan change the trans filter and tighten the bands as long as u do this no trans problem. Make sure u do this that's the reason why this trans got a bad reputation. No one ever did this i am a mechanic of 18 years and a dodge tech i know i have 168000 miles no trans problem. It also states this in owners manual.

Best of the best; built to last

bucksbigtrucks, 03/22/2013
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this truck with 201,000 miles, no problems. Now has 225,000 miles, still no problems. This truck runs so strong like it has only 25,000 miles. It can tow pretty much anything and 4X4 works great. Very satisfied with it. Only like the First Generation models though; Second Generation looks too much like a van. Stick with the 99 - 03 and you'll enjoy it.

Pros and cons

League, 09/05/2010
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have really loved owning this SUV! Knew mileage not good when I bought it but traded for versatility, power and looks. Minimal repairs. Have 150,000 and just now replaced upper ball joints and a/c. No other major repairs. Has been on many long trips and through bad weather with no problems. Handles better than other SUVs I've driven. It's been a good, solid vehicle. It's currently 11 years old and still looks great! Hope to have it for a few more years.

normal upkeep

Andy G, 08/19/2009
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Have 160,000 miles on car got it new in 1999 work on car was minimal ball joints one sencer on trans, water pump my only complaint was freeze out plugs leaking this should never happen 5.2 motor. Gas mileage 15-18 mpg rides like a truck. Front bumper chips easy and starting to get rust.

Gold

Zech ", 12/19/2018
SLT 4dr SUV

260,000 Original everything from my knowledge. Only 3 previous owners 1 of which being my mother. The SUV is great. Reliable. Good in the snow. Good for having a group of people, family, kids. This vehicle gets a bad rep because people want to treat it like a new SRT version with new V8. Its a older model, I coast the [non-permissible content removed] out of it, never full throttle or force accelerations. This SUV is golden.

Garbage...

CozmoCarera, 10/28/2005
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I hate this car. I have a '99 Durango and I have had just about nothing but problems with it. I have had to replace everything... the transmition, every single belt that is under the hood, the power window mechanisms, and today i was driving down the highway and looked down and my speedometer was on 0. In other words, the speedometer is broken as well. The check engine light also decides that he's going to join in on the fun every month or so just for the heck of it. Grade A piece of crap. I wil most likely never buy a Chrysler product ever again.

Reason I will never own another dodge

ebglock, 07/13/2010
SLT 4dr SUV

Great motor. transmission started giving trouble at 65k. Electrical problems massive. Switches,window regulators, speed sensors, etc., etc. Brakes crap with defective bearings from dodge.

12345...13