Used 2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews

Used Challenger for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Common problem

Jefferson123, 08/30/2017
R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Be very aware. If you buy a used or new dodge make sure the recirculate actually works. Dodge has a problem with a lot of their products for this. The recirculate door breaks due to a poor design for the connection between the drive motor and the open/ close recirculate door. It breaks yet the light on the button still comes on. Dodge wants to charge 1,000 dollars to fix the problem. Then their going to replace it with the same problematic design. I don't know why there has not been a recall on this.

110,000 miles and going strong

Terry, 05/27/2016
R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had my 2010 Challenger R/T 6 speed for 6 years now. The only issue to date is my emergency brake is no longer working properly. Changing out the plugs for tune ups is these easiest of any car I have ever owned (all 16 plugs). Brakes are just as easy. I take long trips (10 1/2 hour long) and feel like I have been in a recliner when I get to my destination. My teenagers ride in the back, plenty of room for them. The trunk space has come in handy many times, I have easily fit a 46 inch TV in there. The car handles great, I average 22 MPH, and when on long trips, consistently get about 26 highway. I still get people stopping and wanting to check to car out all the time. If I would change anything, is to be able to access the rear seats via the driver's side.

All great except material

Robert Hoffmann, 08/25/2018
R/T Plus 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Ones 2010 RT classic for 8 years all good except the rocker panels are rusting from the inside out even though car is babied and always waxed & undercarriage kept washed. Secondly the seating surfaces are not all leather despite the cost. The surfaces of the seats are part vinyl and are breaking. Love the car planned on giving it to my son except it is rooting away. Runs great though

Love this car! but beware of the back seat

frylock05, 06/06/2011

I have had both the 2010 Camaro and now I own a 2010 Challenger. Its far more roomy and attracts quite a bit of attention everywhere. It has that original retro look, like a retro remix....lol like the 70's challenger had a baby and this car is it. I only dont like 1 thing and that is that to get in the backseat you have to go threw the passanger side only. Also the seat release on the back of the passanger seat is not safe. I was hit in the eye trying to get out of my backseat by it, I had to have 6 stiches that really did suck..but I still love it its a trully beautiful machine and is a just delight to drive so I reommend it to others...but beware of the back seat.

We love our Challenger R/T Hemi

David, 11/17/2010

We bought a Challenger R/T 5.7L Hemi after a British friend told me what exceptional cars they are - he's a die-hard fan of the movie "Vanishing Point". I wanted a Hemi but frankly the Chrysler 300C seemed overpriced. We'd had a 300 V/6 Touring that was nice but not fully satisfying. The R/T is superior to the 300 in every way; craftsmanship, power, handling, even comfort & ride. It's a great car for long trips and we always arrive refreshed. Very stable & quiet at speed. Nice LED interior accent lighting. It's been a real attention- getter & ppl still gather around it. Nicely finished everywhere. It has an actual top speed of over 165 mph, limited to 140. Our best car ever for fun & long trips.

2010 Challenger SE

Dave, 11/19/2010

Driving this beast is fun. I bought her and drove her for the first time on a major highway. She ran great, very comfortable and handles like a charm. To own her is to love her! It was a great pleasure to sit behind the wheel and relax while driving around. Simply a great vehicle. I come from the 70's era and Dodge did a great job with the retro look. Two thumbs up! Lot's of stares, thumbs up and waves from on lookers.

Luxary over the power

Grant, 09/27/2010

I knew I wanted the Challenger and that was it. The lot my sister deals with called and said they had just gotten a deep water blue, SE, the the preferred customer package. Looking at the R/Ts and the STR8s, and then seeing the difference in price, I TOOK THE SE! I was in denial about the lackluster performance, however, from previously owning a 4 cylinder Camry, I soon realized I was being greedy. I just have to not bark too much when I pull next to a Camaro at a red light. I, like many others, traded performance for beauty. In the vanity department, you can't come CLOSE to this car, SE, R/T or SRT8, and thats something camaro and mustang owners will just have to accept.

2010 Dodge Challenger SE

fusion42694, 01/07/2012

While the Challenger is fun to drive, it wares out easily. The plastic on the inside is cheaply made, as it is with other Dodge cars. The engine power is great though, and the seats are comfortable. It does not have the handling and pep of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, but that is probably due to its larger size. Mine has your basic features, and it is noticed as much as the more expensive ones. If you want an all american muscle car and like american cars, this is the one for you.

My 2010 Challenger 3.5V6 with add ons

Kris, 09/19/2010

I only have 2600 miles on my Challenger so far.Even though it's only a 3.5 liter V6 admittedly, I love driving it!It's a classy looking reproduction of the Challenger from the 1970's,only better!I owned a 1970 Barracuda with a 318 V8 in,1982-1983.It had the body style of the "Cuda" and although, I loved driving it, my new Challenger is twice the car my 1970 Barracuda (Cuda) was overall!

My dream car

Lexi Blocksom, 08/30/2017
R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted a Challenger forever, and stumbled upon a 2010 Plum Crazy R/T. After having it for a few months, I have some thoughts. Overall, I love the car. The classic body style, bright color, v8 engine, its great. The leather seats and sunroof weren't what I went looking for, but they make the car look great. The black stripe on the sides are a nice touch as well. Everything about the exterior is great, but the interior I find to be lacking. The steering wheel and main controls are underwhelming and very basic. The steering wheel in particular doesn't match the fierceness of the rest of the car, and looks like it belongs in a mustang. The radio is very plain and does not have blue tooth, but the steering wheel does allow for volume and station control. I hate the usb plug, which required me to buy a $40 adapter that rarely ever worked (just use the aux). The seats are heated, which is great in the winter, and I feel like it is pretty roomy for a coupe. The trunk has a lot of storage space, as well. The fuel economy isn't all that bad, but most of my miles are highway. My only concern is driving in the snow, but I think the handling is good enough to be okay at slow speeds. Overall, I really do love this car. It's got plenty of power for a daily driver that likes some speed (gotta get around those tourists). The color alone gets plenty of looks, and I can't imagine driving anything else.

12345...8