Used 2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews

Used Challenger for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Dependability bad!

Kim, 08/27/2010

Sure this car is one beautiful American muscle car and I love sports cars, but pls this car has left me twice on the road. The first time was because of a recall that wasn't corrected before I purchased car w/ 5008 miles on it. The second was because it was sputtering and left me on the side of the road. Not good guys. Habitual problems and I have only owned the car 7 weeks and have only driven it for 6 because it took 5 days for the first repair. Not so impressed anymore.

Great car, bought new, now at 7 years and 91k

noboringcars, 03/10/2014
R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was the first American car I have purchased and I haven't regretted it. It's reliable, well supported by the dealer and aftermarket, attractive, comfortable, and has a great owner community. Don't buy this car is you want to remain anonymous. Owning a Challenger is instant rock star status. I've only had 2 issues with the car: 1. the headliner dropped from a bracket behind the sunroof, fixed under warranty. 2. a piece of interior window trim cracked, I replaced it myself in 15 minutes. All in all, it's been a great ownership experience. Parts and service are inexpensive. Lots of opportunity to customize for more performance and/or convenience. UPDATE at 91k miles: The Challenger remains the most reliable car I've ever owned and I've had Hondas and Toyotas. Mechanically, I've had to replace a water pump, a radiator, and an outer tie rod all in 91k miles. I have a tuner which allows me to turn off the MDS, I turn off the system because the car sounds awful with my MOPAR cat back on 4 cylinders. Fuel economy is not a big factor with me, though my big V8 regularly returns an average of 18-19 mpg. On a recent trip from Massachusetts to Long Island I averaged just over 25 mpg with speed ranges from 65 - 85 mph. From a practicality stand point, the trunk is enormous. The trunk will hold a large folding canopy, a cooler, a few chairs, cleaning supplies (never leave the house without a way to clean the car), a space saver spare and then if I need it the rear seat folds down. Incredible. At this point, the Challenger needs a suspension refreshening; coil-overs or the MOPAR Pursuit suspension will be installed.

MOPAR 10

Kevin Kelly, 12/09/2017
R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a MOPAR 10 - Brilliant Black with B5 Blue Striping and accents. It is one of 500 (#458) MOPAR 10’s produced. Look to MOPAR website for better description of this model Challenger.

Real

Johnathen, 09/14/2010

When you buy something you always think you got the Best! This is not the case the Interior is very uncomfortable the gas and brake pedals are too far to the left your hip will kill you after a drive,the radio with the touch screen can not be seen in daylight, No power at all a lot of blind spots. and seems to have the usual Dodge Quality IMHO really look around at others and drive them all I would say 1. mustang 2. Camaro 3.Genesis 4. Challenger

Great Looking Muscle Car

JCHboro, 07/09/2016
R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

While the RT looks GREAT and a vehicle that could blow the doors off other cars burning down the road this is just a good street automobile. It handles well, but the punch you would expect off the line just isn't there. Once it gets rolling its smooth and fast, but getting there is half the fun and this is like a kiddie ride at the amusement park. For those of us that have had the pleasure of experiencing a true muscle car, there's no words to express that experience but WOW. The Challenger RT is just a nice experience with most comments being not bad but kind of leaves you wanting more or better. The vehicle looks great, but it really doesn't have the ball$ to be considered a true muscle car.

2009 Challenger R/T

Ralph Medlin, 01/25/2010

I purchased my Challenger in January of 2009. Chrysler nailed the look of the 1970 model. Shortly after I took the car home, the windows would drop down after the door was opened, but would not roll back up. It did this several times. The dealership was unable to duplicate the problem. The rear taillight panel had a two inch crack in it which had to be replaced. Some of the body panels and rear taillights did not line up. The lights could not be adjusted. I enjoyed driving the car, although I did not like the feel of the engine when cruising at low speeds. It felt like the engine was holding back. This particular car would spin the back tires, but not for long. I sold the car 6 mths later

glad I got the 6m transmission

getther/t, 03/07/2010

I've had this car for six months and I still can't believe Dodge actually built this thing. Mine is black, as I think the lighter colors make the car look too big. It's a big, honking', rumbling, American muscle car that people just love. Kind of like mid-60's Corvettes. Who doesn't like those? Anyway, this car is a future collectible for sure.

What a ride!

Dave M, 07/22/2010

I bought the 6 speed manual R/T Classic in TorRed. The car is an absolute head turner. I have the cold air kit and the Mopar exhaust and it sounds great. The fuel economy is what I expected for a hard charging muscle car. The ride is smooth and is very comparable to luxury cars. There is nothing I don't like about the car. If you buy this car you will not be disappointed. I have friends with the Camaro and Mustang and the Challenger is by far the better car. It may not out perform those two but the ride, comfort and looks are much better

I love this car!

ECJSN, 09/08/2010

I have had this car for about 8 mos now, every day I get up for work and can not wait to get in it and go. It is all true every thing people say, people complement me every week. Drive this car on I-75 is beyond any driving experience I have ever had, power galore, here the HEMI rumble along at 1700 rpm @ 75mph, listen to you best music. Oh man I could drive forever. everyone loves it. I am a 56 yr old engineer, former aircraft mechanic, in my opinion this car is engineering/design art at its finest. It does EVERYTHING it was designed to flawlessly, thrills the drivers all the way. I have a friend, owned almost every fast German import, on a trip he said over & over awesome car, just awesome!

Fun to drive

Terry, 10/21/2010

I have had my Challenger R/T (6 speed) for 4 months now and love it. I enjoy the smooth ride, the power and the look of this car. The only drawback I can note is the skip shift, but this can be overcome by waiting a second for the slow car to get some distance and laying into the gas pedal. I rev at 1600 RPM doing 70 on the highway in 6th gear and love the sound of the Hemi when I hit the throttle. Great car.

12345...8