Used 2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

MOPAR 10
By Kevin Kelly

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a MOPAR 10 - Brilliant Black with B5 Blue Striping and accents. It is one of 500 (#458) MOPAR 10’s produced. Look to MOPAR website for better description of this model Challenger.

My dream car
By Lexi Blocksom

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted a Challenger forever, and stumbled upon a 2010 Plum Crazy R/T. After having it for a few months, I have some thoughts. Overall, I love the car. The classic body style, bright color, v8 engine, its great. The leather seats and sunroof weren't what I went looking for, but they make the car look great. The black stripe on the sides are a nice touch as well. Everything about the exterior is great, but the interior I find to be lacking. The steering wheel and main controls are underwhelming and very basic. The steering wheel in particular doesn't match the fierceness of the rest of the car, and looks like it belongs in a mustang. The radio is very plain and does not have blue tooth, but the steering wheel does allow for volume and station control. I hate the usb plug, which required me to buy a $40 adapter that rarely ever worked (just use the aux). The seats are heated, which is great in the winter, and I feel like it is pretty roomy for a coupe. The trunk has a lot of storage space, as well. The fuel economy isn't all that bad, but most of my miles are highway. My only concern is driving in the snow, but I think the handling is good enough to be okay at slow speeds. Overall, I really do love this car. It's got plenty of power for a daily driver that likes some speed (gotta get around those tourists). The color alone gets plenty of looks, and I can't imagine driving anything else.

Common problem
By Jefferson123

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Be very aware. If you buy a used or new dodge make sure the recirculate actually works. Dodge has a problem with a lot of their products for this. The recirculate door breaks due to a poor design for the connection between the drive motor and the open/ close recirculate door. It breaks yet the light on the button still comes on. Dodge wants to charge 1,000 dollars to fix the problem. Then their going to replace it with the same problematic design. I don't know why there has not been a recall on this.

Great Looking Muscle Car
By JCHboro

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

While the RT looks GREAT and a vehicle that could blow the doors off other cars burning down the road this is just a good street automobile. It handles well, but the punch you would expect off the line just isn't there. Once it gets rolling its smooth and fast, but getting there is half the fun and this is like a kiddie ride at the amusement park. For those of us that have had the pleasure of experiencing a true muscle car, there's no words to express that experience but WOW. The Challenger RT is just a nice experience with most comments being not bad but kind of leaves you wanting more or better. The vehicle looks great, but it really doesn't have the ball$ to be considered a true muscle car.

110,000 miles and going strong
By Terry

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had my 2010 Challenger R/T 6 speed for 6 years now. The only issue to date is my emergency brake is no longer working properly. Changing out the plugs for tune ups is these easiest of any car I have ever owned (all 16 plugs). Brakes are just as easy. I take long trips (10 1/2 hour long) and feel like I have been in a recliner when I get to my destination. My teenagers ride in the back, plenty of room for them. The trunk space has come in handy many times, I have easily fit a 46 inch TV in there. The car handles great, I average 22 MPH, and when on long trips, consistently get about 26 highway. I still get people stopping and wanting to check to car out all the time. If I would change anything, is to be able to access the rear seats via the driver's side.