Used 2008 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

Most unreliable, most powerful, most comfortable
By Doug

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car get compliments from complete strangers, everywhere I go! From a parking lots to drive thrus. Being an SRT, it's not an economy car. But the raw power has actually saved me from several accidents, and has an unbelievable top end! I've actually had it up to 173 mph and it held the road like glue! At 100 mph in 5th gear, it's 6.1L Hemi is only at 3,000 rpms, with 3,500 more to go before red line! It came from the factory limited to 180 mph. My Diablo sport tuner allowed me to reset it to 190. It's an awesome car, and is way more comfortable to ride in than my Mercedes Benz CLK430 Cabriolet. My Chrysler 300C is a close second to the Challenger.

What a rush
By kajun kat

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

These cars are fun to drive and with a good exhaust system on them you feel like a teenager again. Good fuel mileage and comfort. I drove this car with no problems till 120 thousand miles and then traded it for another Challenger 2011 392 HENNESSeY edition.

MoPower
By PCG

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've been a Mustang guy all my life. So this is a walk on the wild side for me. But have been very pleased so far. Great road car. Took it on a 1,400 mile road trip the 2nd weekend it had it. Got 22 mpg and it rides great on the slab. Got lots of looks. Mine is Hemi Orange. So it kind of stands out. I usually drive manual muscle cars too. But the 5-speed Autostick is impressive. I manually shift it more than half the time. With an open air element, headers, and a cat-back system she really sings out over 4,000 RPM.

Sound of the Hemi at full song. Highway ride. Back seat room. Trunk size.

Gas mileage. Nasty brake dust on those gorgeous wheels.

I'm in love!
By MiamiMike

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

As a former BMW and Acura driver, I am accustomed to quality and reliability along with performance. I must say, this Dodge is the best car I have ever owned! It's comfortable, quiet and fast. It is also the best looking car on the road. The dealer service is also outstanding. Dodge has finally done it!

Everything. Smoking the tires is also pretty fun.

Don't change a gosh darn thing!

Miles of Smiles
By shorma00

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have to say I have driven muscle cars all my life. Never has there been a time I have driven a car that is powerful, comfortable, reliable and such a social stigma around all walks of the general population. I believe it lets many of us older boomers relieve our young adult childhood. The new Challenger SRT8 is everything I could ask for and then some. I never got 20 miles to the gallon on the hiway with my old 1970 Cuda and I must say there is no way to measure the comfort and reliabilty comparing the two. If you have a chance to even test drive an SRT8, Just Do It!!!!!!!!!!

Looks, Drive, Comfort, reliability, social magnet.

Rear back up camera and paddle shifters on steering wheel.