Skip to main content

Used 2014 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Town and Country for Sale
Select your model:

30th Anniversary Edition- Update @ 36 mths

Lance Hogue, 04/04/2017
updated 04/16/2020
Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Now at 71,000 miles ..2 Major unusual Repairs now ..70 K found oil leaking in driveway. Repair was a leaking oil filter housing made of plastic ! was under secret warranty till 5 yrs or 100K but I was just over the years in time ..Cost to repair $1000.00! So its plastic someone could have turned oil filter in too tight or off thread , heat and cold of engine ect could have been cause ..Still drives like a charm ! At 57,000 miles another unusual leaking transmission fluid in driveway. Required replacement of transmission oil cooling lines ...$350.00. Not to happy with these repairs..At 54,000 miles now and 1.5 yr of ownership still loving this van ..Latest ..rust bubbles coming up on lip of hood where meet grill Took to dealer this week and they took pictures and sent to Chrysler awaiting to hear back on dispo. Put new Michelins Defender LTX M/S tires on at Costco during the September deal $646.00 Guy didnt remove old weights and truck was shaking Had to return and get all wheels rebalanced.. Not due for major service till 60K miles. Runs like a gem great to haul stuff with and in .Prior Just a couple of oil chances for maintenance, and a burned out LED rear light which cost around $100.00 for a knock off online. Mopar wanted way to much money for a OME light assembly. Great Bargain Vehicle purchased just coming off 2 yr lease. It had just 36K miles on it .Comfortable to drive lotsa bells and whistles..Likes: ride, comfort, Auto Start and push button start, Heated front and rear seats and wheel, Lane change assist very helpful for blind areas in rear ,Rear power stow n go seat is power, Back up sensors,camera etc great for warning something is approaching, Stow and Go all seats makes for a lot of room for hauling stuff. Needs improvement: Navigation is Garmin Cant see it very well from drivers seat, slow to respond when you miss a turn, colors poor and hard to see in light, did software update and radio blew up, luckily Chrysler Uconnect covered it with new radio under extended warranty, maps outdated and limited ability, Nav not worth extra money nor updating maps which can be done usually every June from 3rd party company on usb for $150.00. Wipers have auto sensors and go crazy in rain sometimes wiping so fast you think there gonna fly off windshield. When lights on auto and come on at dusk the entire dash goes dark ...have to adjust interior light knob. Rear view mirror has all kinds of stuff rigged into it ..very small in size would like it to be bigger to see more. Vehicle came with a can of air and jack and empty cage underneath with no spare ! $255 to purchase on Amazon. Dealer way higher .Had a Class 3 Hitch put on vehicle for towing trailer which it does nicely. Overall good bargain for used vehicle. When shopping pay attention to options listed as these vehicles all have different options I found many of these used vehicle sales people have no clue about them and the dealers list options that actually aren't on the vehicle. Recommend you go online and research VIN for original window sticker which can be had for free and then check vehicle to make sure it actually has the options listed. Check underneath for spare tire ! Check to ensure all options are actually working before purchasing ..2014 was last year Chrysler gave the longer warranty on the engine and transmission rust roadside assistance etc 5 yrs or 100K This is our 3rd Chrysler Mini Van and by far much improved over the 2001 model we still have.

5 out of 5 stars

Most bang for our buck!!

jewel lawrence, 01/05/2016
Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's perfect if you want all the luxury of a high end van but not the crazy price.....completely happy with our purchase!

For 30 years the leader in minivans

lisn2u, 07/14/2015
Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This 2014 T&C 30th Anniversary Edition had features and a price that gave maximum value for the money. Plenty of seating and cargo carrying options. Respectable highway gas mileage 25-27+. The 30th anniversary model has u-connect with bluetooth , Sirius Xm, and Navigation. Blind Spot Monitoring, Cross Path Detection and other options that add comfort and safety to the driving experience. Go to a dealer and compare features. Drive one. I bought my T&C at the end of the model year in 2014 (October) and saved thousands off sticker.

Good Family Van With Some Negatives

June Keck, 07/02/2017
Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Owned a 2003 for 14yrs. So decided to go with another Town and Country. Got a 2014 30th Anniversary model. Has some advantages over the old girl: back up camera & sensors, rear cross-traffic sensors, blind spot sensors, improved acceleration and braking, great turning radius, stow-n-go seats, sliding doors are much improved, keyless entry, remote start. Has some disadvantages: the frame below the front doors hits me right on the ankle bone when I get in and out which is aggravating, transmissions shifting is a little rougher and I can hear a bearing noise when driving which might mean a rebuild down the road, seems to have more road noise as my 2003 T&C, sound system is definitely not as good as the 2003 T&C. My Biggest gripe are the tires, they suck big time. The tires on my 2003 T&C were Bridgestone Turanza EL42Bz. They were a little expensive when time to replace but well worth the price. Didn't matter the road conditions, they didn't lose their grip. The tires on the 2014 T&C are Michelin Energy Saver A/S. They are honestly one of the worst tires I've had on any vehicle I've owned. Braking is great as long as it's on dry pavement. If you have to take off quickly from a stop I chirp or spin the tires almost every time, even when trying not to. Horrible on rainy roads, not looking forward to winter. We'll be changing them hopefully to Bridgestone Turanza before winter if they have them in the new size. If not, probably will still change them, they're that bad. Dealership of course won't do anything to help with running boards or the tires.

95,000 miles of carefree comfortable travel

Gerald Boettcher, 12/17/2016
updated 01/07/2022
Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This van handles well and is comfortable to drive in any weather conditions. I get 27 mpg overall. I tow a 35000 lb boat with no problems - I have the towing package. The heated seats and steering wheel are great in the cold weather here in Wisconsin. I have no problems with snow, ice, and rain. I just replaced the Michelin Energy Saver tires with Defenders. These tires have better traction. With the Energy Savers, I got a lot of tire squeal when I started up briskly to fit into traffic. The Defenders do not squeal - I just go. The 3.6 engine has a lot of power so I can get into traffic easily. This is the best of seven Chrysler minivans that I have owned since my first one in 1988. I have never had a problem with any of my vans. I do change the transmission fluid every 30,000 miles and change the engine oil on this van at 4,000 miles. This maintenance has kept my vans from repairs on engines and transmissions. Now, with 85,000 miles on this van, it runs like new. My new Michelin tires get me through the snow with no problem. I just drove through 11.5 inches of snow on my way home on Hwy 57 here in Wisconsin. On this drive, I saw 25 or so cars in the ditch. I had no problems! I really love this van. On a recent 600 mile trip, I got 30.8mpg (300 mi out and 300 mi return) I sold this van to my son. He and his wife and daughter love it. This was the best van ever. I now have a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica which has more features and a quieter ride. I think the 2014 was easier to drive and had better vision. It had better ground clearance which is a concern with the snow we get in Wisconsin. I miss the hard drive for music. My Pacifica uses thumb drives for music storage and has a better sound system. I sold this 2014 T&C to my son. He loves it. He uses it to go camping and appreciates all of the room it has. He now has over 50,000 mile on it and it still drives like new. This 2014 Chrysler now has 150,000 miles on it and still is a great van. The tires have been replaced by another set of Michelan Defender tires. This van will go on forever.