Used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Town and Country for Sale
Select your model:
12345...46

Pros
Cons

Be Careful With Used Purchase

airsense00, 07/08/2014
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We like the features of the van such as powered doors, captain seats, DVD players. The kids love the van and it is safe. However I greatly question the quality and reliability. With 70,000 miles on ours it literally eats 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles. No blue smoke, not leaking on floor. The first week we owned it the EGR valve went bad. The brakes are new so haven't replaced them yet in 6 months. Seems to wear the tires pretty quick. Sounds like a wheel bearing is going bad lately. The interior has some cheap spots as the handle for the gear shift fell off as did the sun visor. The gas mileage is averaging 18 mpg which is mix of town and highway. Buy the extended warranty for this one! The transmission started very occasionally not shifting in to 2nd gear so I traded it in.

Regretting buying this vehicle

msecrest, 06/28/2011
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in 2009 as a second owner with 33,000 miles on it. Since then I have put ~50,000 miles on it. The van is comfortable and rides decent. It has plenty of storage space. Gas mileage is lower than I'd like at 19/23. Mechanically this vehicle has had nothing but issues. While some were recalled and fixed, others are not. Problems: 1 - it uses oil, about 1qt/1000 miles. This is a major issue with me. 2 - The sliding door hinges do not support the doors well. They start rubbing on the bottom guide. 3 - I've had it in for service on the engine 3 times. Currently in the shop with issues. For a top of the line minivan I expected the quality to be a lot higher.

Rear axle Brace keeps snapping at speed,

Jessew, 10/13/2015
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle New,and now have 115K on it .The engine and transmission have been excellent,everything else seems cheaply built and falling apart..The most serious issue is that the rear axle brace that fastens the passenger side rear wheel to the body of the vehicle has snapped cleanly in two twice in the past 6 months,no idea why .The last time we were at 45 MPH,fishtailing all over the road, fortunate to bring it to a safe stop....and 600 miles from home..We were lucky to find a little local welding shop there , they added an angle iron to the tinsy little brace,welded it on and we returned home safely.....Chrysler designed a cutout hole into the brace ,probably to save a few pounds of metal ,that is where both breaks happened about 3 inches apart....we feel lucky to be alive.

Lets be realistic

khadra, 09/14/2013
Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second 2008 town and country, both were preowned. Th first was LX trim and the current one is limited. I got the first minivan with 95 k and I sold it with 130k and 4 years of ownership. It was running solid but did not have a lot of options that we needed. Then two months ago I was able to spot a black 2008 tc limited. You can't beat the value of these minivans; the price of the minivan, oem parts and dealership labor and still under 17 K. Lets be realistic, maybe this minivan is not durable like a toyota, BUT you get huge savings and lot of features that you can't find with other manufacturers. It's not expensive to maintain the minivan and I believe reliable enough.

Death Trap

Austin, 08/24/2015
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We had a 2008 Town & Country had every option to it. Including Swivel n'Go, and Walter P Chrysler Package. Well Our journey with it was OK. But it started to have issues I mean a lot of issues. Down to the point of it having a poorly made suspension. My families almost death experience was because of Chryslers poor engineering team. The story of this start in March of 2013 when my family and I were on our way to Myrtle Beach, SC for Spring Break. They trip was going fine for the first four hours of our trip but once we got around the Louisville, Kentucky area; we got a really bad shaking in our suspension so we pulled off at the nearest rest area. We checked all the tires to find that they looked perfectly normal and had no bulges in them. So we proceed to drive down the Interstate going about 75 MPH and all of a sudden it felt like the rear axle had fallen off the vehicle. The van goes immediately into a fish tale and luckily didn't flip over because at one point we were completely sideways going down the interstate. After the Van had come to a stop my family completely in utter disbelief get out of the van to find that our wheel had sheered off the wheel hub assembly. After a tow truck was called and the van was taken to the Chrysler dealership we found out that it was caused by a manufacture defect that wasn't able to take the load of six people and luggage; that the stress on the axle was to great. We no longer have this van and no longer feel safe inside a Chrysler product. We now own a 2013 Ford Flex SEL and it has taken us a lot more places with a bigger load with no issues. Anybody reading this review DON'T BUY THIS VAN Especially if you have kids. I recommend looking at the Ford Flex best car we have owned. Learn from our Mistake and don't buy the van. We are lucky to be alive.

12345...46